Super easy Healthy Waffles the whole family will love. Topped with a sweet strawberry topping that is refined sugar-free. These are perfect for brunch.
The Weekend was made for brunching. It’s about the only time I wake up and want to cook a big delicious meal. This weekend I dusted off the good old waffle maker, it’s one of those kitchen appliances I don’t use often but every time I do I love it! These Healthy Waffles were a great change-up from our usual Sunday’s pancakes.
So since its mother’s day, why not dust off the good ole waffle maker for some Healthy Waffles. Now I would love for my husband and kids to make brunch but the kitchen is my sacred place, it where all the magic happens, and most of all cooking is a therapy for me. So no, there not making brunch, haha!
Making these waffles is incredibly easy, you can top them with whatever you like. Personally we are huge fans of the strawberry topping, the kids love dipping their waffles in the sauce it creates.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you beautiful mamas, mamas to be, and mamas trying to conceive.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour ( blend whole oats to make oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soad
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- In a medium bowl combine and lightly stir the strawberry slices, honey, orange juice, and zest. Let sit for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is juicy, before serving.
- In a large bowl stir together all waffle ingredients until combined. (batter should be slightly thick)
- Add a 1/2 cup of batter to a lightly greased waffle maker. Close the lid and don't lift till the waffle is done (according to waffle maker instructions).
- Remove waffle with a fork and repeat for all waffles.