The most perfect sweet and spicy bbq sauce around! Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken has such a flavorful kick, everyone will be loving this recipe!
Its summertime around here, kids are on break, I’m 6 months pregnant, and well its officially grilling season!! I love to grill outside it saves me the mess inside however I am also super obsessed with my indoor grill pan! Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken requires no marinating time so this dish can be ready to eat rather quickly!
If you choose to use an indoor grill pan keep the vent on and window open, cooking with chipotle often leaves the air around you rather spicy! This bbq sauce is honestly my absolute favorite, the sweet and spicy combo is finger-licking good! My kids love this chicken, and surprisingly don’t complain about the spice it has, haha!
Is there anything better than grilled chicken slathered in bbq sauce, not when its Honey Chipotle bbq sauce!
We love serving this chicken as a bowl meal, with some white rice, black beans, corn, avocado, fresh lime, extra bbq sauce and ranch drizzle, SOO GOOD! Some other great sides are Easy Macaroni Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, and Perfect Mashed Potatoes.
Love grilling season, try these:
- Authentic Carne Asada
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Mexican Orange Chipotle Chicken
- Restaurant Style Steak Fajitas
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from can
- 1 chipotle pepper from can
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- In a blender or food processor add ketchup, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, apple cider vinegar, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, smoked paprika, honey, olive oil, salt, and water, blend till smooth. Taste, and more salt if desired.
- Preheat your grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat and brush with oil.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken and place it on the grill. Baste the chicken generously turn over after 3 minutes and baste the other side. Cook until chicken is done, 165 degrees. Let chicken rest 5 mins and baste again before serving, enjoy!