Spice Rubbed Flank Steak & Avocado Salsa is made with delicious spice rubbed flank steak that is tender, juicy and grilled to perfection. The Avocado salsa compliments the steak and tastes amazing.
What an amazing main dish this has turned out to be! Serve it with your favorite sides or even on top of a big salad! The leftovers make for the perfect lunch the next day. The avocado salsa is a great fresh topping to this flank steak. I like to keep mine milder since my kids aren’t that into spicy foods, but if you do like it a bit more spicy keep some the jalapeno seeds in your avocado salsa.
Flank steak is super easy to cook and always comes out delicious, we are big fans in this house! This recipe is so easy to make, Spice Rubbed Flank Steak & Avocado Salsa is something the whole family can enjoy!
How to Make Spiced Rubbed Flank Steak
- Make your marinade. In a large ziplock bag combine the avocado oil, cumin, garlic powder, chipotle powder, salt, lime juice, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
- Add the flank steak to the marinade and seal the bag, gently massage marinade into the meat and refrigerate for 1 hour – overnight.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Char each side for a few minutes, giving it a nice char brown color, and turn down the heat to cook till the desired doneness, we like a medium-well steak.
- While the steak is cooking prepare your avocado salsa. In a small bowl combine tomatoes, cilantro, corn, jalapeño, onion, avocado, lime juice, and salt. Serve over grilled flank steak.
Love delicious main dishes, also try:
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced and seeded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add cumin, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, salt. olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, and minced garlic cloves. Add flank steak and marinate and gently massage marinade into the meat, marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to high heat. Place steak on hot grill and discard the marinade. Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side then turn down the heat to medium until the desired doneness. Medium rare is 130-135 degrees on a thermometer.
- Remove steak from heat and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the avocado salsa.
- In a small bowl combine jalapeño, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cilantro corn, lime juice, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Remove foil from steak and slice steak against the grain, top with avocado salsa, enjoy!