Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread, I can’t get enough of it. Recipe is fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or to enjoy with your coffee or tea anytime!
The weather around here in Orange County is officially warming up! I am looking forward to endless beach days with the kids, and lots of summer recipe work. On a stroll through my local farmers market I could not get over how sweet the berries smelt from the stand. I stood there for a few minuets just smelling the berry air… obviously couldn’t resist that sweet smell so I purchased a flat of beautiful bright red strawberries. The recipe would probably work with frozen, however they do release more liquid so I would add more flour.
Strawberries at peak season are honestly the best to use in recipes, they add so much flavor to both sweet a savory dishes. My little girl loves to help me in the kitchen, together we made this super soft & moist bread, it bursts with strawberries in every bite! I love banana bread, the addition of sweet strawberries takes it to another level of deliciousness.
I know your going to love it!
Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread
Fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast or snack!
- 2 eggs can sub 2 flax eggs for vegan option
- 2 ripe and spotty bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mash bananas with a fork, add in eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix till well combined.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in chopped strawberries.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan. Add dark chocolate on top of loaf (optional).
- Bake at 350° 60-70 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is completely set.