Fresh corn salsa is easy to make at totally addicting! It is made with an array of fresh ingredients and is the perfect topping to your tacos, nachos, salads, and burritos!
I’ll admit I love corn salsa, the first time I tried it was at Chipotle in my burrito bowl. It was love at first bite! This salsa is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. You can eat it on any Mexican dish its bright flavor never disappoints. Made with only six ingredients the dish comes together easily and stores great in the refrigerator.
It is officially sweet corn season, nothing is better than seasonal produce. Seasonal produce always tastes better and is usually on sale, it’s a win-win. I got 3 husks today and after I put all the groceries away I started on this delicious salsa. My favorite way to eat it is on tacos, salads and burrito bowls, of course, it goes great with tortilla chips too.
Corn Salsa Tips
Use fresh corn: Corn is best when used right away, it is the sweetest and most crisp.
Can’t find fresh corn: No problem. the recipe is easily adaptable. Go ahead and use frozen corn, just defrost it first! If you love grilled corn, Grill your corn first!
How to cut corn: Use a sharp knife and carefully slice along the length of the ear between the cob and kernels. Don’t cut to close to the cob or you will have ruff bits. Repeat this for all sections of the cob.
- 3 cobs sweet corn kernels (about 3 cups of shucked sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 2 limes, juice of ( use juicy limes the ones with softer skin)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl combine and stir together all ingredients.
- Adjust taste as necessary. For more zing add lime more lime juice. For more flavor add salt. For more spice add more jalapeño.
- For best flavor let the salsa sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
This fresh mango salsa is a quick and easy recipe with so much flavor. Made in one bowl with 6 ingredients and the perfect topping to all your Mexican dishes!
The first time I had mango salsa was when I was a deli manager and Mother’s Market, its a health food store in Southern California. I oversaw all the premade dishes and well sampled every single one!! There is nothing quite like mango salsa, its tropical, sweet, and spicy! Love it on fish tacos and with Orange Chipotle Chicken tacos!
This mango salsa can brighten any dish its adds such delicious flavor! We frequently throw it in our nourish bowls and ontop taco salads. Mangos can be quite pricy when they are not in season but in the season you can usually score them for 69 cents apiece around here! Seasonal produce always tastes best, when I saw mangos at 69 cents I had to buy at least 5! The first mango recipe I made was Mango Salsa to go with our tacos.
With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I knew I had to whip up a batch, the kids love this with tortilla chips they make it disappear pretty quick! Lucky for you this Mango Salsa is so easy to make. I sometimes will swap the red bell pepper for a tomato. If you don’t have either you can leave it out and this salsa will still be so delicious! I try to keep mine mild because of the kids, but feel free to add more jalapeno.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1-2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss all ingredients together till combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Pico de Gallo is a Mexican salsa made of fresh tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime. It is the ultimate topper to your nachos, burritos, quesadillas, and tacos! Best of all its always delicious with some tortilla chips! It is so versatile and tastes great on so many dishes!
Growing up with a Mexican mother I was absolutely spoiled with some of the best authentic Mexican food! Pico de Gallo is an easy salsa and tastes great on just about anything, it is also great as a lower calorie salad dressing replacement! Currently, I am eating it with tortilla chips as I type and get crumbs all over myself, ha!
Storing it is easy and one of my favorite ways to do so is in a wreck jar, it will last 3-4 days in the fridge. This week, in particular, we are having lots of Mexican dishes. I made 3lbs of Authentic Carne Asada for some tacos, fajita quesadillas, and some nachos of course! And guess what?! They will all be topped with this insanely delicious Pico de Gallo!
How do you make pico de gallo
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze in your fresh lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some tortilla chips or on some of your favorite Mexican dishes!
Love amazing sauces and dips also try Chipotle Cashew Cream!
- 4 medium vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced finely ( Roma tomatoes work great too)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 small head cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss your tomatoes, onion, and cilantro together. Squeeze in your lime just and season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican dishes, enjoy!
If you are more sensitive to spicy foods remove the jalepeño seeds.