Pico de Gallo is a Mexican salsa made of fresh tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime. It is the ultimate topper to your nachos, burritos, quesadillas, and tacos! Best of all its always delicious with some tortilla chips! It is so versatile and tastes great on so many dishes!
Growing up with a Mexican mother I was absolutely spoiled with some of the best authentic Mexican food! Pico de Gallo is an easy salsa and tastes great on just about anything, it is also great as a lower calorie salad dressing replacement! Currently, I am eating it with tortilla chips as I type and get crumbs all over myself, ha!
Storing it is easy and one of my favorite ways to do so is in a wreck jar, it will last 3-4 days in the fridge. This week, in particular, we are having lots of Mexican dishes. I made 3lbs of Authentic Carne Asada for some tacos, fajita quesadillas, and some nachos of course! And guess what?! They will all be topped with this insanely delicious Pico de Gallo!
How do you make pico de gallo
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze in your fresh lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some tortilla chips or on some of your favorite Mexican dishes!
Love amazing sauces and dips also try Chipotle Cashew Cream!
- 4 medium vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced finely ( Roma tomatoes work great too)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 small head cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss your tomatoes, onion, and cilantro together. Squeeze in your lime just and season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican dishes, enjoy!
If you are more sensitive to spicy foods remove the jalepeño seeds.