Fresh corn salsa is easy to make at totally addicting! It is made with an array of fresh ingredients and is the perfect topping to your tacos, nachos, salads, and burritos!
I’ll admit I love corn salsa, the first time I tried it was at Chipotle in my burrito bowl. It was love at first bite! This salsa is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. You can eat it on any Mexican dish its bright flavor never disappoints. Made with only six ingredients the dish comes together easily and stores great in the refrigerator.
It is officially sweet corn season, nothing is better than seasonal produce. Seasonal produce always tastes better and is usually on sale, it’s a win-win. I got 3 husks today and after I put all the groceries away I started on this delicious salsa. My favorite way to eat it is on tacos, salads and burrito bowls, of course, it goes great with tortilla chips too.
Corn Salsa Tips
Use fresh corn: Corn is best when used right away, it is the sweetest and most crisp.
Can’t find fresh corn: No problem. the recipe is easily adaptable. Go ahead and use frozen corn, just defrost it first! If you love grilled corn, Grill your corn first!
How to cut corn: Use a sharp knife and carefully slice along the length of the ear between the cob and kernels. Don’t cut to close to the cob or you will have ruff bits. Repeat this for all sections of the cob.
Love fresh salsa also try some Fresh Mango Salsa and Pico de Gallo.
This salsa goes great with Mexican Orange Chipotle Chicken and Authentic Carne Asada.
Fresh Corn Salsa
Fresh corn salsa is easy to make at totally addicting! Made with fresh sweet corn and is the perfect topping to your tacos, nachos, salads, and burritos!
- 3 cobs sweet corn kernels (about 3 cups of shucked sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 2 limes, juice of ( use juicy limes the ones with softer skin)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl combine and stir together all ingredients.
- Adjust taste as necessary. For more zing add lime more lime juice. For more flavor add salt. For more spice add more jalapeño.
- For best flavor let the salsa sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days. Enjoy!