Vegan Blueberry Muffins are incredibly easy to make! They are moist, tender, refined sugar-free, and loaded with blueberries. They are ready to eat straight out of the oven!
This recipe was never planned, in fact, I had not used my muffins tins in some time!
When the weather is a bit cold, I need some comfort food, aka Vegan Blueberry Muffins. I don’t like to break my regular diet for sweets, so I always try to bake sweets and pastries using what I have without comprising flavor. So when I need a mouthful of delicious sweet carbs I do so, and try to keep it healthy!
Vegan baking for me has always been hit or miss, but today I HIT the jackpot! I ate 2 of these slathered with butter straight out of the oven, honestly hit the spot. I suggest you try the same!
It is a big deal when my kids want them for a snack at school! Means I did something right, ha! So these went fast in my house. So excited everyone enjoyed these healthyishh muffins, will definitely be whipping up another batch!!
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup of coconut milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. If you don't have paper liners grease the well of each muffin slot.
- In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and coconut milk, set aside while it curdles about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and mix together.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture. The batter will be thick. Add the blueberries to the batter and fold gently with a spatula until evenly distributed. Don't over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, an ice cream scooper with a wire scraper works great! The muffin tins will be very full. Sprinkle a little coconut sugar onto each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool for 5 mins before serving. Run a knife around the edge of muffin to free it if necessary.