These Creamy Instant Garlic Pot Mashed Potatoes are so easy to make in a pressure cooker. From start to finish this will take 30 minutes and you will have some delicious melt in your mouth garlic mashed potatoes.
Potatoes, I love them in all forms! They are versatile, inexpensive, and have a long shelf date. Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes will be the star of side dishes for your next meal. Cooking them in a pressure cooker pretty much takes all the work for you. Mashed potatoes always remind me of holidays but after having kids it seems as we serve them year-round, the kids are crazy for these!
I tried these a few different ways, as a garlic lover it needs the right amount. My favorite way is to first sautè the garlic in a little avocado oil, it really helps release that delicious garlic flavor into the potatoes. Next, add in the potatoes, pressure cook, stir in your butter and milk then season with salt and pepper. This is an easy and delicious recipe everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- garlic cloves
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
How to make Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Step 1: Prep
Peel and chop your potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Keep pieces 1-inch or smaller for even cooking. Peel garlic.
Step 2: Sautè Garlic
Turn your pressure cooker on sautè, add avocado oil, once oil shimmers add in garlic cloves and cook for 3-4 minutes till fragrant.
Step 3: Pressure Cook
Now add the potatoes and salt to your pressure cooker, and pour in 1 cup of chicken broth. Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 minutes and quick release.
Step 4: Mash
Open the lid, add in milk and butter. Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more butter and chives for garnish if you desire.
Serve these potatoes with:
- Easy Tri Tip in the Oven
- Perfectly Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Amazing Marinade!
- The Best Steak Marinade
- 3 pounds of Yukon Gold or russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup milk, 2% or whole work best
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- chives for garnish
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Select Sautè on your pressure cooker. Add in avocado oil and garlic. Satuè garlic for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, salt, and broth to the pot and place lid on the pot.
- Select Pressure Cook for 6 minutes on high pressure with the pressure valve sealed.
- Quick-release and open the pressure cooker.
- Add in milk and butter.
- Mash potatoes with a masher. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more butter and chives if desired, enjoy.