Rainbow Veggie Sushi Rolls are bright, colorful, and delicious. These rolls are vegan and so addicting! Serve these rolls with sriracha mayo and soy sauce for the best veggie rolls around!
If there is one thing I miss and crave most this pregnancy its sushi! Oh my gosh, I can not wait to go out for sushi again, oh, and maybe a little sake too, haha!
For now, I have been making Avocado Sushi Rolls, and rainbow veggie sushi rolls non stop! They satisfy my sushi cravings!
Before we go any further I am no sushi expert, however, I enjoy making it! I used no special sushi equipment for this recipe. Therefore my method may not be the authentic way but its so easy to make and anyone can do it!
These rainbow rolls are made with sushi rice, nori, purple cabbage, avocado, carrots, and cucumber. I’ve rolled the veggies into a tightly packed sushi roll and drizzled it with sriracha mayo, are you drolling yet?
- 2 cups white short-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 carrots, julienned or sliced very thin
- 2 small cucumbers, julienned or sliced very thinly
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 6-7 nori sheets
- soy sauce for serving
- pickled sushi ginger for servings
- 2 tbsp avocado mayo, or mayo of choice
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha, or more if you like it spicy
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- splash of soy sauce
- In a saucepan combine rice and water bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the water. Rice can also be cooked in an Instant pot, my preference.
In a small saucepan combine rice vinegar, avocado oil, cane sugar, and salt. Cook on medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into cooked rice. Stir rice till the mixture is absorbed. Let cool.
Rainbow Veggie Sushi Rolls
- Working on a clean cutting board place nori sheet rough side down. Spread rice evenly onto the sheet leaving 1/2-inch room at the top.
- Arrange avocado slices, cabbage, cucumbers, and carrots across the center of the rice.
- Gently lift the end of the nori sheet (not the 1/2 inch empty side) roll over the veggies and roll again. Moisten the end of the nori sheet with a little water to help seal. Repeat with all nori sheets.
- Using a sharp knife, cut rolls up into 6-8 pieces. Serve cut side down with soy sauce, sriracha mayo, or your favorite sushi condiments. Enjoy!
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. If you like a very spicy sauce feel free to add more sriracha sauce.