Super easy Healthy Waffles the whole family will love. Topped with a sweet strawberry topping that is refined sugar-free. These are perfect for brunch.
The Weekend was made for brunching. It’s about the only time I wake up and want to cook a big delicious meal. This weekend I dusted off the good old waffle maker, it’s one of those kitchen appliances I don’t use often but every time I do I love it! These Healthy Waffles were a great change-up from our usual Sunday’s pancakes.
So since its mother’s day, why not dust off the good ole waffle maker for some Healthy Waffles. Now I would love for my husband and kids to make brunch but the kitchen is my sacred place, it where all the magic happens, and most of all cooking is a therapy for me. So no, there not making brunch, haha!
Making these waffles is incredibly easy, you can top them with whatever you like. Personally we are huge fans of the strawberry topping, the kids love dipping their waffles in the sauce it creates.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you beautiful mamas, mamas to be, and mamas trying to conceive.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour ( blend whole oats to make oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soad
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- In a medium bowl combine and lightly stir the strawberry slices, honey, orange juice, and zest. Let sit for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is juicy, before serving.
- In a large bowl stir together all waffle ingredients until combined. (batter should be slightly thick)
- Add a 1/2 cup of batter to a lightly greased waffle maker. Close the lid and don't lift till the waffle is done (according to waffle maker instructions).
- Remove waffle with a fork and repeat for all waffles.
This Easy French Toast recipe uses lighter ingredients but has the same great flavor! Perfect brunch for the whole family to enjoy.
Sunday mornings are my favorite to whip up breakfast foods. Sometimes its an elaborate brunch or just some Easy french toast and fruit. Regardless of what it is the kids are crazy for brunch, just like their mama! Now that we are getting hotter days cooking is only enjoyable with the AC on full blast! It’s pretty much turning onto grilling season in southern California.
Today we went with Easy French Toast, I used country buttermilk bread, which is always delicious with french toast. Any bread will work, use what you have! If you like a thick slice I would go with brioche, personally I like a lighter thinner sliced bread.
How to Make Easy French Toast
This recipe comes together in a quick 10 minutes. You will need a medium-size bowl to make french toast mixture and a skillet or non-stick pan for cooking. Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup!
- whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- banana coins
- nut butter
- powder sugar
Love breakfast, you must also try Banana Oat Blender Pancakes, Chia Pudding, and Oats Breakfast Bowl, Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal, Blueberry Protein Oatmeal Cups + Video, and The Best Almond Flour Banana Muffins.
- 3/4 cup almond milk ( can sub any milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave (can sub sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 7 slices bread
- maple syrup, berries, & powder sugar for serving
- Whisk eggs, milk, agave, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. You will need to add butter to the skillet for every batch your cook.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated but don't oversoak or you will end up with soggy french toast.
- Immediately place bread on skillet and cook till each side is golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries. Enjoy
Banana Oat Blender Pancakes are a delicious breakfast to serve up any morning of the week. Made with hearty oats and banana these light and fluffy pancakes are kid-friendly and will keep you satisfied all morning.
Nothing better than sleeping in on a Sunday and enjoying a delicious brunch. Personally I’ve never been a morning gal. I don’t mind getting up early just never that hungry in the mornings. Brunch may be one of my favorite meals, and breakfast foods, in general, can be eaten at any time of the day! Banana Oat Blender Pancakes are the perfect addition to your breakfast routine, you won’t believe how good they taste!
How To Make Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
Made with 7 ingredients your likely have on hand, rolled oats, flour, banana, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, cane sugar, almond milk (any milk will work). Start by Placing your oats into your blender or food processor, blend on high till oat flour forms. Add in the rest of your ingredients and blend till combined and smooth. You may need to scrape the sides down. The batter should be on the thicker side. Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Grease griddle with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup pour batter onto your hot griddle cook till bubbles form and flip, about 2 mins per side. As griddle gets hotter time will decrease. Serve with a smear of butter or nut butter and a hefty pour of maple syrup!
- 1 cup roll oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 cup almond milk (any milk will work)
- In a blender, grind your oats on high speed till flour consistency forms, oat flour.
- add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined, stopping to scrape sides as needed.
- Heat your griddle or nonstick pan to medium heat and grease with nonstick spray or butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto your griddle. Flip over once bubbles form and bottom is golden.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made.
- Serve with a smear of butter or nut butter and a hefty pour of maple syrup. Enjoy
This is the tastiest and easiest broccoli, kale, and cheddar quiche recipe. Start with a pre-made pie crust, sauté your veggies, whisk your eggs and bake! You can personalize this quiche by us using your favorite veggies, cheese and even adding in your favorite protein.
Quiche is simple and a total crowd-pleaser also a great way to get in green veggies. You can eat it at any meal and it is very easy to reheat. This quiche is the perfect addition to your breakfast spread.
I think we can all agree quiche is the best party food, most adore it. Serve this up at your next shower, brunch or small gathering. Such a delicious and easy meal, you are going to love every last bite. If you do not like the strong flavor of kale swap it out for baby kale or spinach they are milder.
Can I bake without a crust?
Yes!! The same way you would bake with a crust just generously spray your dish with cooking spray to avoid sticking. I love crustless quiche however my kids love the crust!
How to make Kale, Broccoli, and Cheddar Quiche:
Bake pie crust: pre-heat your oven and bake crust for 10 minutes.
Cook the kale, broccoli, and onion. Melt butter in a non-stick pan and sauté veggies till soft. Let cool.
Mix: Mix together eggs and milk.
Combine: stir in cheese and veggies into the eggs.
Bake: pour filling into your partially baked pie crust and bake!
Love quiche? Also try, Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Quiche
Kale, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, can sub half and half or nonfat
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place your pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add in the kale, onion, and broccoli. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till veggies are tender and fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In medium sized bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk till combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour filling over your partially baked pie crust an bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!