Out of all the Christmas cookies, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies always goes the quickest around here! Its one of the cookies that can technically be a brownie but has that perfect crispy edge cookie bite. It’s deep chocolate flavor and tender center make so irresistible!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a must-have recipe in your recipe box. It’s one you will always use.
Every time I am baking you better believe I have my side-kick Fiori with me! She is my right hand in the kitchen these days whether I like it or not, ha! At this rate, you might see her on Food Networks Kids Baking Championships by the time she’s a 6 yr old. For now, you can watch her kitchen takeovers on my Instagram stories! Together we make a great team, a royal mess, and some pretty damn good Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
The kids love seeing the cookies go in white and come out like an earthquake, you know just some of my kitchen magic! My son prefers to call these earthquake cookies and I kinda dig it! He on the other hand never wants to help in the kitchen but somehow magically appears when the food is ready, ha!
Ingredients Needed For the Recipe
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
How do You Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, turn off the heat and pour in chocolate chips, whisk together till melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture and whisk till combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Let batter sit for 10-12 minutes. (do not skip this step)
- In a separate shallow dish combine granulated sugar and confectioners sugar.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or a spoon drop cookie dough balls into sugar and roll and coat.
- Transfer cookies to prepared sheets and place them2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and cracked. (you want the centers to remain soft)
- Let cool completely before serving.
Do not skip letting the dough sit for 10-12 minutes, otherwise, the dough will be way too sticky to work with. Alternatively, you can also place the cookie dough in the fridge to set.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Sugar Coating:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare to cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
In a small saucepan melt butter, turn off the heat and pour in chocolate chips, whisk together till melted.
Pour the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture and whisk till combined.
Fold in the flour mixture.
Let batter sit for 10-12 minutes. (do not skip this step)
In a separate shallow dish combine granulated sugar and confectioners sugar.
Using a cookie dough scoop or a spoon drop cookie dough balls into sugar and roll and coat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 79mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
This one bowl cookie recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free!! It comes together in minuets and is sure to please everyone. It completely taste like the real deal and you would have no idea its not junk food.
Texture is beyond perfect! Every bite has a little bit almond and marshmellow. Nothing pleases my household more than an ooeyy gooey warm cookie. Whoever you make it for these are sure to please.
The best Vegan Rocky Road Cookies
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use refined for no coconut flavor)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare your cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk together chia seeds, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil.
- Add in the cacao powder, almond flour and baking powder, folding the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
- Fold in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and almonds till evenly combined.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop them 1 inch apart on your cookie sheet. Press down on them with your spoon or hand to flatten them.
- Bake for 12 minutes, the serve!!