This blood orange tart is a springtime favorite. Made with fresh blood orange juice and a chocolate gram crust this is such a delicious dessert.
Blood oranges are truly some of the most beautiful citruses around! The inside is always a surprise some or light pink some or deep purple, you never knew what you will end up with. No-bake desserts like this blood orange tart are perfect for spring and summertime. This recipe uses minimal ingredients and is the perfect balance of sweet with a little tart.
I absolutely love tarts, the last one I made disappeared so fast so this time I disguised it in the fridge, haha! We love a slice of tart and Netflix at night, quarantine and pregnancy cravings have turned me into quite the adventurous cook! This blood orange tart sits on a chocolate crust that is out of this world! Chocolate + Orange = Delicious.
This creamy blood orange tart uses butter in the crust. To make this dessert fully vegan just sub vegan butter in the crust and you have yourself a dreamy vegan tart!
Love amazing desserts also try:
- 12 honey gram cracker sheets (1 1/2 cups gram cracker crumbs)
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp melted butter
Blood Orange Curd Filling
- 2/3 cup blood orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp corn starch, can sub agar agar powder
- 1 blood orange, zest of
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 13.5 ounces can coconut milk (full fat, not lite)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- To a food processor, add gram crackers and pulse till crumbs form. Add in butter, cocoa powder, and sugar pulse till combined and the mixture is damp to touch. Push mixture evenly into a 9-inch tart pan.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, or until crust is set. Remove from oven at let cool completely.
- To a medium pot, add blood orange juice, lemon juice, and corn starch. Whisk until corn starch is dissolved.
- Turn on heat to medium-low and add in agave, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk till the mixture becomes thick like curd. Slowly and in coconut milk and orange zest, continue to whisk constantly till ingredients are combined and thick like curd. Turn off the heat letting the filling rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour blood orange curd filling into your tart shell, place in the refrigerator to set for 2-3 hours. For a firmer texture let sit overnight.
Serve with fresh fruit, enjoy!