This Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe is so delicious and easy to make. It is gluten-free and refined sugar-free however each bite is so moist and sweet the way cake should be.
Countdown till easter, since we are on a ‘shelter at home’ order this year we won’t be doing any gatherings. So sad about this, this will be the first year we don’t do Easter at my mother-in-law’s house. I always get asked to bring dessert and this year I would have brought my Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe for everyone to enjoy! On the bright side… more for me, ha!
Anyone else doing a lot more eating these days? Quarantine life!
I have always had great luck when it comes to baking cakes. For every birthday in my family, I always make the birthday cake! Now I do not consider myself a baker but never say never. I love a dessert that’s just better for you, something that doesn’t leave you with too much guilt! This Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe is sweet, moist, and topped with the most delicious cream cheese frosting!
For this cake, I used more ingredients than I usually do in my recipes, however each is important in creating this epic Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe!! The blend between almond flour and tapioca flour is a dream come true. When I first started working with almond flour I had a lot of difficulties with the texture in baked goods, but when it is blended with tapioca flour baked goods come out so perfect!
You can make this cake the day before, store it in the fridge so the frosting sets. So whose ready to bake a carrot cake?!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp agave
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8" round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine your dry ingredients, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on medium/low till batter forms.
- Wring out your zucchini shreds, make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid. You can do this with a dishtowel.
- Fold in your carrots, zucchini, and coconut into your cake batter.
- Divide your cake batter evenly into your prepped cake pans.
- Bake both layers for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cakes completely cool before removing from cake pan (about 30-40 minutes).
- In a medium bowl place all your fristing ingredients, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and agave. With your hand mixer beat on medium/high till frosting forms (about 3 minutes).
- Use a blunt knife to spatula to spread the frosting
- Garnish your cake with walnuts. Enjoy!!
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.