Pecan Pie Bars absolutely a delectable dessert to complete any celebration this holiday season! They are so sweet, salty, crunchy, and buttery!
Move over pumpkin its pecan season! But really guys if I had to pick my favorite holiday dessert these would take the crown. These bars are much tastier and easier to make than pecan pie. The soft shortbread layer mixed with the crunchy pecans in a sweet, salty and sticky mixture, trust me this has everything you want in a dessert.
Today I am bringing my pecan pie bars to my kids swim practice and handing them out that way I can share the love and not consume all 12 myself, haha! After all who doesn’t love homemade baked goods!
BEST EVER PECAN PIE BARS
You might find yourself wanting to make these bars year-round, I don’t blame you! Pecans are very popular this time of year. Fair warning these bars are so addicting everyone will be asking you for the recipe! Have a new neighbor, take them these bars they will love you forever! Christmas cookie exchange, these bars are perfect!
HOW TO MAKE PECAN BARS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Start by making your shortbread crust. With an electric mixer cream together your butter and sugar, then add in your flour, and salt create a crumble. I find it is easiest to this with my hands.
- Press your crust onto the bottom of your lined baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make the filling melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and add in sugar, coconut cream, agave and vanilla extract. Dissolve sugar and add pecans cook for 1-2 more minutes on low heat.
- As soon as the crust is done baking pour over your filling and bake for 20 more minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
- They will set quicker in the fridge, I like to let mine sit in the fridge overnight.
HOW DO I STORE PECAN BARS
Well, if you have any left the store great in the fridge for up to 4 days. These bars freeze well too, stick them in a freezer-safe bag and they will be good for 4 months!
Looking for more epic desserts, also try Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies, The BEST Vegan Rocky Road Cookies, or Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie Bars are incredibly DELICIOUS!! Perfect for any celebration this season. These bars are everything you want in a dessert, they are sweet, sticky, crunchy and buttery!
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter ( 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 1/4 cup pecan pieces
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Start by making your shortbread crust. Cream together your butter and sugar, then add in your flour, sugar, and salt create a crumble. I find it is easiest to this with my hands.
Press your crust onto the bottom of your lined baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
To make the filling melt butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat and add in sugar, coconut cream, agave and vanilla extract. Dissolve sugar stirring frequently on medium-low heat. Add pecans and keep stirring for 1-2 more minutes on low heat.
As soon as the crust is done baking pour over your filling and bake for 20 more minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
They will set quicker in the fridge.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
5 thoughts on “Pecan Pie Bars”
Literally the best bars of my life. If I could have one dessert for the rest of my life this is it.
Thanks so much!!!!! I couldn’t agree more!!????????????
Wow these bars are amazing! I can’t wait to serve them on thanksgiving!
They will go quick!!! Honestly your in for a real treat!!!