This Crispy Chicken Parmesan is the best! It is so crispy and covered in marinara sauce and melty mozzerla cheese.
This chicken parmesan is pan-fried then oven-baked for seriously the best chicken parmesan! It never comes out soggy and truly is so delicious.
Crispy Chicken Parmesan
Did you know that this is one of the most order chicken dishes in the world?! Rightfully so it always hits the spot and the kids also love it. My family loves this dish, they ask for it all the time. I usually don’t love cooking with chicken breast because it can dry out quickly. With this recipe, I never get dry boring chicken. It is full of flavor, juicy, and used with mozzarella cheese that just makes it perfect.
How to make Crispy Chicken Parmesan
You’re going to start with the coating or breading if you will, then move on to pan-frying, next to the cheese, and lastly the baking. Every step here is going to give you the best chicken parmesan, I’m setting you up for success.
Getting the perfect CRISPY coating
I have used a mixture of bread crumbs and panko, the panko really helps it stay so crisp. The seasoning in the breading helps the chicken stay flavorful and lastly, the parmesan just kicks it off. So what are you waiting for let’s make so seriously delicious and crispy chicken parmesan!
What to serve with chicken parmesan
- Pasta always goes well with this dish, choose your favorite thin spaghetti, fettuccini, angel hair, penne, you get the picture.
- Veggies, roasted or steamed for a low-carb option.
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Zucchini noodles are another great low-carb option.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 24 ounces jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Wisk together eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip each cutlet into the egg mixture and place in a shallow baking dish to marinate for 15-45 minutes.
- Combine panko, bread crumbs, parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt to taste in a shallow bowl. Dip each cutlet into the breading mixture and evenly coat.
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering fry chicken till golden brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Top each chicken cutlet with about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and a small hand full for mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley. Enjoy!