This chipotle chicken is delicious!! Perfect for burrito bowls, tacos, or burritos. This chicken is perfect for weeknight dinners.
I am loving this chicken the whole family loves it! We prefer it in our burrito bowls but also the kids are crazy about it in their quesadillas. If you have kids your know the power of a good quesadilla! I am afraid to admit it but they eat quesadillas on the regular for dinner, especially if we are home late from water polo practice. This chipotle chicken is fabulous!
This recipe has been a total life safer guys! I have been so busy with motherhood, content creation, and just adult life! It is exhausting at 34 weeks pregnant but trying to slow down as much as my mind will let me. I have been doing take-out at least once a week, 😓. I was able to run to target this weekend and spend way too much money, haha. But in all seriousness, I got all the baby boy stuff I needed, at least for the first month. All I have to say is thank god for amazon prime it will be my go-to for everything I forgot!
So why has this recipe been a life savor? Well, prices around here are soaring, everything is so expensive. Takeout delivery with a family of 5… ayyy yiii yiii… This recipe for chipotle chicken, a copycat from chipotle, is better than any takeout. I made it in a large batch and was able to do burrito bowls one night, and chicken quesadillas the next! I even love the leftovers over my salad at lunch.
Chipotle Chicken (copy cat recipe)
Takeout from Chipotle is always delicious, however, it always puts my stomach in Knotts. There is something in their food that just hates me.
Okay, so I realize some won’t have beer on hand, which will be fine. It won’t change the taste drastically to use chicken broth instead, however, I do recommend beer. I love Mexican beer in this recipe.
Love easy and delicous chicken recipes, also try:
- Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders
- One-Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- The Best Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- Harissa Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Hawaiian Chicken
- 1/2 cup Mexican beer, I used Modelo
- 1/4 piece small white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can
- 2 tsp adobo sauce, from the chipotle pepper can
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- In a blender combine beer, onion, garlic, cilantro, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, avocado oil, chili, cumin, and oregano. Blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl or zip lock, add chicken thighs and pour over marinade mixture. Toss and coat so all chicken pieces are covered in marinade. Let marinate for 3 hrs or more.
- Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, add more salt ( I add about 1/2 tsp). Place chicken on the grill and cook turning occasionally till chicken is cooked through, 165 degrees F. Let chicken cool before dicing into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Serve warm, enjoy.