This Quick & Easy Wonton soup is easy to make, loaded with veggies and ready in 15 minutes, thanks to the frozen wontons.
This soup is perfect for those days you just don’t have the time or energy to cook everything from scratch but still crave that homemade taste. What I love most is the quickness of this dish. I love both Trader Joes and Costco chicken cilantro wontons, both come frozen which makes this an extra convenient dish.
I love my wonton soup loaded with broccoli however you can use any veggies you like. Bok choi, bean sprouts, and riced cauliflower would be another great addition to this soup. This makes a great lunch or starter dish for a night of taking out style dishes like Easy Take-Out Style Chicken!
Wonton Soup is a favorite around here, I like to load mine up with Sambal oelek, to the point where I get hot, lol. This is a recipe I pull out often especially on days where I don’t feel like cleaning a bunch of dishes!
How to make Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
Whipping this soup up is easy. Start by boiling your chicken broth and minced garlic. Next, add in your broccoli and frozen wontons. Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce, the combo of the two gives the soup broth such great flavor. Lastly, add in your prepared rice noodles, and cilantro. Cook till wontons are soft.
For toppings, I like to add scallions, sesame seeds, jalapeño slices, and some sambal oelek for heat.
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 12 oz bag mini chicken cilantro wontons, I used trader Joes brand (about 2 cups)
- 4 oz rice stick noodles, cooked according to package
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tbsp cilantro leaves
- for garnish, sambal oelek, green onions, jalapeños, sesame seeds
- Bring the chicken broth and minced garlic to a boil.
- Add-in broccoli florets and frozen wontons. Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Bring back to simmer.
- Lastly, add in your prepared rice noodles, and cilantro.
- Serve hot, and garnish with your favorites, enjoy!
My recipe for Quick & Easy Wonton Soup makes about 3-4 bowls, if you're serving a bigger family or friends I would double it!