Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Tortellini soup is one you will want year-round! This is an easy recipe that feels so cozy and brimming with flavor. Thanks to canned tomatoes you can enjoy this soup year round!
This Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup with Tortellini reminds me so much of childhood!! My mom would make this with warm gooey grilled cheese for us to dunk. I’m getting hungry just talking about it!
Cheesey, tomato-y, creamy meals may just be my kryptonite. This soup is all that, with a subtle roasted pepper flavor that just makes it so good. The kids and adults love it, so yes I’d say it is family-friendly! You will love the bright flavor and tortellini that make it so filling. Enjoy this soup year-round as it tastes so fresh.
This soup is delicious paired with a grilled cheese or a side salad. Use any flavor tortellini you fancy. If you’re looking to beef it up you can also add cooked ground Italian sausage for a delicious and hearty twist.
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS
Love easy and delicous soups also try:
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Cabbage Soup with White Beans & Chicken
- Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fire-roasted red peppers drained (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 28 ounces can San Marzano peeled tomatoes ( any canned tomatoes with basil will work)
- 1 14.5 ounces can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup diced fresh basil
- 16 ounces of cheese tortellini, or tortellini or choice
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup milk (optional) can sub heavy cream for a creamy soup
- Basil for garnish
- Parmesan for garnish
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, seasonings, basil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add peeled tomatoes, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, broth, stir it and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Using an immersion blender break down soup. Alternatively, you can do this in small batches in a blender, be careful working with hot soup.
- Add the tortellini and milk (optional) to soup until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with fresh basil, parmesan, and gooey grilled cheese for dunking! Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in a airtight contianer for up to 3 days. Reheat stovetop or in the microwave.