CrockPot Breakfast Casserole will have breakfast from the slow cooker straight to the table. Breakfast is a breeze with this delicious casserole.
With a combination of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, onion, peppers, and cheese this is the easiest way to bake a casserole.
What kind of meat to use in CrockPot Breakfast Casserole
Bacon is always my choice for breakfast meat, however, you can use what you like sausage and ham are also great choices. Looking for some Mexican flare to the casserole add in some chorizo. Whatever meat you pick just make sure you cook it before adding it to the crockpot breakfast casserole. Alternatively, you can make this casserole vegetarian by not using any meat.
Hashbrowns or breakfast potatoes
Either way, it will be good. My only recommendation is to stick with my favorite frozen bag potatoes, the cook better in this casserole.
If you are dairy-free, paleo or whole 30 go ahead and omit the cheese. Low carb and keto peeps bring on all the cheese! I find cheddar or jack work best in this casserole however use what you like!
CrockPot Breakfast Casserole Tips for Success
Please use non stick cooking spray generously. You will be stuck with a mess if you don’t. I may have omitted it the first time I made this recipe, haha.
Love easy and delicious brunch recipes, also try:
- Blueberry Waffles
- Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Egg Cups
- Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Healthy Waffles with Strawberry Topping
- The Best Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk, I used 2%
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheese, I used Mexican blend
- 16 oz bag frozen hash browns
- Spray the crockpot generously with nonstick spray.
- Start by adding half of your hash browns to the bottom of the slow cooker, then half your onions, half the bell peppers, half your cheese, and half the bacon. Repeat the layers.
- In a large bowl whisk your eggs, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Pour mixture over your ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3- 3 and 1/2 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours. The casserole will be ready when the center is set on not jiggly.