Classic Cesar Salad is full of crisp chopped romaine, crunchy croutons, parmesan, and tossed in a creamy caesar dressing.
I love Cesar salad! Supposedly Cesar salad originated in Tijuana sometime in the 1920s, now I am sure there is some speculation with that, so don’t quote me, ha! So let’s talk Cesar salad! As a child, I refused to eat Cesar because of the fishy taste. Little did I know that it would taste different everywhere you go. It seems like some go heavy on the anchovies and some don’t. Anchovies are a hard pass for me!
My version of classic Cesar salad has NO ANCHOVIES, I just can’t guys! I know it a personal taste preference but these taste buds just don’t like the mix of anchovies and Cesar! However, Cesar dressing is still so dang delicious and creamy without those little fishies.
Cesar dressing is garlicky, creamy, and cheesy from the freshly grated parmesan. Currently, because of pregnancy, I am not using raw eggs, so I used a mix of mayo and sour cream which came out so good! The dressing is so creamy but not too thick, honestly, it’s just perfect!
Love delicious salads, also try:
- Healthy Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes Avocado &Chickpeas
- Summer Grilled Peach &Herbed Goat Cheese Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1/4 cup mayo, I used avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp caper juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4 tsp shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste, I used 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, about 7 cups chopped romaine
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan, or more if desired
- 1/2 cup croutons, or more if desired
For the dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blend till smooth, or place all ingredients in a small mason jar with a lid and shake till combined.
For the Cesar Salad
- Chop romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Top with grated parmesan and croutons. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g