These Cashew Chicken Wraps are an easy delicious recipe that could be enjoyed anytime fo the day! Made with the best peanut sauce these will become your new favorite wraps!
These cashew chicken wraps are amazing!! The flavor will blow you away! I used rotisserie chicken to make this a quick and easy meal. Every week I buy 1 rotisserie chicken from my local market, it always comes in handy with quick meals! These cashew chicken wraps are the perfect lunch!
There is no denying my love for peanut sauce 😍 it takes these cashew chicken wraps to the next level of delicious! Recently I have been ordering chicken wraps from my favorite lunch spot, but I was getting sick of it, and wanted to make my own! Not only is it cheaper to make your wraps, but it also tastes a heck of a lot better!!
How to Make Cashew Chicken Wraps
This recipe is a cinch, seriously not heating, and if you want to make it a complete breeze use rotisserie chicken and a bag of coleslaw mix!
- Cook your chicken breast to your preference. I used rotisserie chicken, however, you can bake it, boil it, or grill it, whatever you like best will work for this recipe.
- Make your peanut sauce and set aside. Reserve 2 tbsp or more of peanut sauce for dipping.
- Mix the coleslaw, finely chop your cabbage, shred your carrots and add your cashews to a mixing bowl. Pour in peanut sauce and toss the coleslaw mix.
- Assemble your wraps. Fill each wrap with equal amounts of chicken and coleslaw mix. Fold in sides just like you would a burrito and roll the wrap-up. Cut in half before serving.
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS
- Shredded BBQ Chicken & Coleslaw + Quick Pickles Cucumbers
- Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Easy Chicken Salad
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 and 1/2 cup green cabbage
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup cashews roasted and salted or can sub peanuts
- 2 chicken breast diced
- 6 tortilla wraps, I used mission tortilla spinach wraps
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut sauce ingredients. Wisk till smooth and combined. Reserve 2-3 tbsp for dipping.
- In another bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and cashews. Pour the peanut sauce over the cabbage mixture and toss.
- Assemble your wraps. Divide the chicken and coleslaw between each tortilla. Roll tightly and serve cut in half. Enjoy!
If your tortilla wraps are tougher in texture heat your tortilla first.
Classic Cesar Salad is full of crisp chopped romaine, crunchy croutons, parmesan, and tossed in a creamy caesar dressing.
I love Cesar salad! Supposedly Cesar salad originated in Tijuana sometime in the 1920s, now I am sure there is some speculation with that, so don’t quote me, ha! So let’s talk Cesar salad! As a child, I refused to eat Cesar because of the fishy taste. Little did I know that it would taste different everywhere you go. It seems like some go heavy on the anchovies and some don’t. Anchovies are a hard pass for me!
My version of classic Cesar salad has NO ANCHOVIES, I just can’t guys! I know it a personal taste preference but these taste buds just don’t like the mix of anchovies and Cesar! However, Cesar dressing is still so dang delicious and creamy without those little fishies.
Cesar dressing is garlicky, creamy, and cheesy from the freshly grated parmesan. Currently, because of pregnancy, I am not using raw eggs, so I used a mix of mayo and sour cream which came out so good! The dressing is so creamy but not too thick, honestly, it’s just perfect!
Love delicious salads, also try:
- Healthy Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes Avocado &Chickpeas
- Summer Grilled Peach &Herbed Goat Cheese Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1/4 cup mayo, I used avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp caper juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4 tsp shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste, I used 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, about 7 cups chopped romaine
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan, or more if desired
- 1/2 cup croutons, or more if desired
For the dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blend till smooth, or place all ingredients in a small mason jar with a lid and shake till combined.
For the Cesar Salad
- Chop romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Top with grated parmesan and croutons. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad is a restaurant favorite that is crunchy, packed with flavor, and easy to make.
Chopped salads are some of my favorites! This Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad is packed with veggies, chicken, and tossed in a delicious vinaigrette. Every bite gives you a little bit of everything. This salad is restaurant-quality you can have at home, oh and totally more healthy!
I’ve been meaning to share this recipe with you for some time now! Literally, if I order a salad while out to eat is always Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad. But here’s the thing I hate ordering salads when out, they are always so skimpy on ingredients and way overpriced. Making salads at home is 100% better in my opinion!
Love quick and delicious salads, also try Beet and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing and Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples.
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 green onion springs, diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (rotisserie works great)
- 11 oz canned mandarin oranges, drained, for serving
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews, for serving
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, for serving
- For the Vinaigrette Combine crushed ginger, minced garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, agave, and avocado oil in a small jar and whisk till combined. Set aside.
- For the Salad place romaine lettuce in a large bowl, top with red and green cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onion, and chicken. Pour vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with nuts and mandarins, as desired. Enjoy!
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a light and fresh dish with delicious flavor. Packed with veggies, herbs and the perfect dressing to go with it. Serve up the best healthy vegetarian Mediterranean bowl today!
You will soon learn my love for meals in a bowl. It just feels so complete all nestled inside a bowl! For lunch today I whipped up this insanely easy and delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, then added it to my very own style nourish bowl. Honestly, this bowl hit the spot! Now that the weather is warming up salads are making a way back into my heart.
So I totally get salads can be boring, but I promise you will not find a boring salad around here! Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is filled with juicy cherry tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, chickpeas, parsley, red onion, and feta all tossed it in delicious dressing to bring it all together. It is the perfect salad to serve with any meal or to have on its own.
Eating Mediterranean Chickpea Salad in a nourish bowl is my favorite way to enjoy it. I filled the bowl with quinoa, arugula, hummus, and warm pita bread, so good! Make this salad once and serve it up with different dishes all week! This nourish bowl is a must-have for me at least once a week!
Love easy and delicious salads also try, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing, Creamy Cashew Dressing, and Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup parsley leaves, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon, juice of
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp agave (can sub sugar)
- salt to taste (I used about a 1/2 tsp)
For the Bowl
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup arugula, or more as needed
- 1 heaping spoonful roasted garlic hummus
- 1 warm pita bread, cut in triangles
- In a large bowl toss together chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, parsley, and feta.
- Make the dressing, in a small jar whisk together minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, agave, and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Enjoy
- To make a nourish bowl serve over quinoa and arugula. Top with hummus and warm pita bread.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is a bright and fresh salad full of crunchy vegetables in every bite. Take it with you to a BBQ or serve it at home, this pasta salad goes with everything.
This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is one of those recipes you can serve with a lot of different dishes. We love it with our favorite grilled steak or chicken, and also on its own.
I have had orzo in my pantry for months, it’s one of those kinds of pasta I don’t use often but I should. Orzo tastes just like pasta, and it’s so easy to work with. Earlier this week I made it to Costco to get groceries it was a nightmare thanks to all the panic shopping going on because of COVID-19. I got lots of fresh produce and a big thing of feta crumbles, yum! I had everything on had to create this delicious Greek Orzo Pasta Salad!
Can I take this moment to do a little bragging? Okay! Both my kids thought Greek Orzo Pasta Salad was delicious!! They usually do not love dishes with diced raw onion, but no complaining this time, yay!
This Pasta Salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, a bbq, and even a gathering! Enjoy friends!
Love easy side dishes also try, Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, Beet, and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing, Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/4 black olives, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook orzo till al dente. Drain and run under cold water till completely cooled.
- Combine orzo, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, olives, and onion in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, and red wine vinegar. Whisk till combined.
- Pour over the salad and stir.
- Fold in the feta.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnishes like fresh dill or parsley and lemon wedges.
If you like more feta or onion you can always taste and adjust to your preference.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is incredibly delicious and simple to make! Tossed in a golden balsamic dressing this is the perfect salad for every occasion.
No salad pleases my taste pallet more than beet and goat cheese salad. The combination mixed with my golden balsamic dressing makes for an irresistible salad! Do not worry if you don’t like goat cheese because feta is an excellent substitute or no cheese. I bought this salad to my in-laws on Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with all the amazing thanksgiving side dishes!
The very first time I had beet and goat cheese salad was 5 years ago at my brother-in-law’s wedding, this salad pretty much swept my pregnant self off my feet. Since then I have been putting this salad into our weeknight meal rotation. My kids and hubby both love it which is a big bonus and I will never complain when they are eating their greens.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is healthy and delicious! I use arugula however I have subbed it with baby spinach and it was equally delicious. This salad will taste great with any baby lettuce or spring mix. I bring this salad most places I am asked to bring a salad. This salad is dedicated to all my people who are always asked to bring a salad if you know you know! So if you are one of those you better make the most delicious and aesthetically pleasing salad around!
Why do I love this salad so much?
- Simple ingredients: arugula, beets, candy pecans, and a bosc pear. I purchased all my ingredients at Trader Joes.
- Flexibility: you can swap out arugula for baby spinach. Any nut will work however I highly recommend candy pecans or walnuts. I love goat cheese especially with this salad but feta is an easy swap.
Love great tasting salads, also try Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 oz arugula
- 1 Bosc pear cored and sliced
- 5 oz package or steamed and peeled beets
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 4 oz goat cheese
Golden Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar ( like a mason or wreck jar) place cap on and give it a few shakes. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dice beets into small pieces.
- Core and slice pear thinly.
- Add arugula to a salad bowl and top with beets, pear slices, and candy pecans.
- Crumble goat cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Add salad dressing, toss and combine.
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!