This easy Chicken and Rice Casserole is a simple dish that makes the tastiest dinner. This dish is family-friendly and packs a ton of flavor.
This is a great no-fuss meal, serve it with a salad or your favorite veggie side dish and you got yourself a complete meal. The kids absolutely love this Chicken and Rice Casserole! Likely, you have everything on hand to make this delicious meal too! Not to mention this is a extreemly budget-friendly recipe as well!
With a new baby due here any day I am brushing on up on all our quick easy and delicious dinners. Life with a newborn is different day to day, so unless we want take-out all the time, easy, healthy, and quick dinners are a must-have for your recipe box!
How to make Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large skillet sautè onions, garlic, and carrots for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken in and your seasonings, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in rice and chicken broth, and stir well.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter, optional. Then cover the casserole with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, fluff rice with a fork and enjoy!
Love quick and easy dinners, also try:
- 1 cup shredded carrots￼
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4. Tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp avocado oil ￼￼
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups jasmine rice, can sub basmati
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, add avocado oil, carrots, onion, and garlic. Sautè for 3 minutes.
- Add in cubed chicken thighs and seasonings. Satuè for 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a medium casserole dish. Pour in rice and broth and give it a good stir.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes, fluff rice once finished baking and season with salt and pepper, enjoy!