The recipe for Easy Hawaiian Chicken is a delicious sweet and savory chicken that the whole family will love. This is an easy dinner and perfect for entertaining too.
This meal was inspired by my craving for L&L Hawaiian bbq, a local hole in the wall Hawaiin food joint! Oh man… it is truly delicious, and probably full of ingredients you don’t want to find yourself eating every day! My favorite plate is the Hawaiin chicken plate served with Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad salad and rice.
Because of all the restaurant closures due to the Covid-19 we are forced to recreate some of our favorite takeout meals. Introducing a healthy version of my favorite Hawaiian take out, Easy Hawaiian Chicken!!
- 1 lb - 1.3 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
Hawaiian Chicken Marinde
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp canned pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, can sub any cooking oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Place the ketchup, agave, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, avocado oil, giber minced garlic, and soy sauce into a medium-size bowl or a zip lock bag. Mix till well combined.
- Add chicken and marinate for 3-24 hours.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat or a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with rice, your favorite vegetable side, and Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Enjoy