Incredibly easy, and some of the best vegan blueberry muffins you will eat! They are moist, tender, refined sugar free, and loaded with blueberries. The are ready to eat straight out of the oven!
This recipe was never planned, in fact I had not used my muffins tins in sometime!
When the weather is a bit cold, I need some comfort food. I don’t like to break my regular diet for sweets, so I always try to bake sweets and pastries using what I have without comprising flavor. So when I need a mouthful of delicious sweet carbs I do so, and try to keep it healthy!
Vegan baking for me has always been hit or miss, but today I HIT the jackpot! I ate 2 of these lathered with butter straight out of the oven, honestly hit the spot. I suggest you try the same!
Its a big deal when my kids want them for snack at school! Means I did something right, ha! So these went fast in my house. Its no shocker I value health and try to always give my family the best. So excited everyone enjoyed these healthyishh muffins, will definitely be whipping up another batch!!
Scrumptious Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups all-purpose four
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. If you don't have paper liners grease the well of each muffin slot.
- In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and coconut milk, set aside while it curdles, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the coconut milk and apple cider vinager and mix together.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture. The batter will be thick. Add the blueberries to the batter and fold gently with a spatula until evenly distributed. Don't over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, an ice cream scooper with a wire scraper works great! The muffin tins will be very full. Sprinkle a little coconut sugar onto of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool for 5 mins before serving. Run a knife around the edge of muffin to free it if necessary.