Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is incredibly delicious and simple to make! Tossed in a golden balsamic dressing this is the perfect salad for every occasion.
No salad pleases my taste pallet more than beet and goat cheese salad. The combination mixed with my golden balsamic dressing makes for an irresistible salad! Do not worry if you don’t like goat cheese because feta is an excellent substitute or no cheese. I bought this salad to my in-laws on Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with all the amazing thanksgiving side dishes!
The very first time I had beet and goat cheese salad was 5 years ago at my brother-in-law’s wedding, this salad pretty much swept my pregnant self off my feet. Since then I have been putting this salad into our weeknight meal rotation. My kids and hubby both love it which is a big bonus and I will never complain when they are eating their greens.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is healthy and delicious! I use arugula however I have subbed it with baby spinach and it was equally delicious. This salad will taste great with any baby lettuce or spring mix. I bring this salad most places I am asked to bring a salad. This salad is dedicated to all my people who are always asked to bring a salad if you know you know! So if you are one of those you better make the most delicious and aesthetically pleasing salad around!
Why do I love this salad so much?
- Simple ingredients: arugula, beets, candy pecans, and a bosc pear. I purchased all my ingredients at Trader Joes.
- Flexibility: you can swap out arugula for baby spinach. Any nut will work however I highly recommend candy pecans or walnuts. I love goat cheese especially with this salad but feta is an easy swap.
Love great tasting salads, also try Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 oz arugula
- 1 Bosc pear cored and sliced
- 5 oz package or steamed and peeled beets
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 4 oz goat cheese
Golden Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar ( like a mason or wreck jar) place cap on and give it a few shakes. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dice beets into small pieces.
- Core and slice pear thinly.
- Add arugula to a salad bowl and top with beets, pear slices, and candy pecans.
- Crumble goat cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Add salad dressing, toss and combine.