There is no holiday table without Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce. This sauce ties the entire plate together! It’s top-notch, simple to make, and the most beautiful color. With few ingredients and time, you will have the best cranberry sauce this holiday!
You will never buy premade cranberry sauce again after you make this recipe. When I say it’s easy, I MEAN IT! For some reason, I figured it was a lot harder, so I always bought it. But never again. I want every person reading this to have this incredible cranberry sauce on their Thanksgiving table.
One of my favorite parts of the recipe is that you can make it up to 5 days before. The hardest part of making the Thanksgiving feast is cooking all day 🤪. So anything you can do back to make the day easy, you do before, like this Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Like I said before, this recipe is a breeze. It uses fresh cranberries. My son was home “sick” when I made this recipe, and he helped with the whole thing. We had a lot of fun watching the cranberries pop and pop them with a spoon! The color of this sauce is truly remarkable. The cranberry sauce is sweetened with agave and fresh orange juice. Dollop this sauce on top of your thanksgiving plate, and I swear it brings everything together perfectly.
This cranberry sauce is lovely and tart; it gives the best zing! I never gave cranberry sauce the time of day as a kid, and I regret it; this is the best!
- fresh cranberries
- orange juice
- orange zest
How To Make Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Start by gathering all your ingredients. Over medium-high heat, add the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, and agave nectar. Bring the mixture to a slow boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool in the fridge. Serve and enjoy!
Need more dishes this holiday season?? I got you covered ❤️✨
- Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe ( Easy, No Brine)
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Stuffing Recipe
- Nutted Wild Rice Pilaf
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast + Gravy
- Honey Baked Brie With Fig Preserves
- 2 - 16 ounce bags fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 orange, zest of
- 1/2 cup agave. Feel free to adjust if you like a sweeter sauce
- Start by gathering all your ingredients. Over medium-high heat, add the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, and agave nectar.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the fridge. Serve and enjoy!
- Make this sauce up to 5 days ahead and store it in an air-tight container.
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce Story.