Are you a fan of Mexican cuisine? Do you love burritos? If so, then you must try chicken chile verde burritos! These delicious burritos are one of the most popular dishes from Mexican cuisine and are perfect for any occasion.
What makes these burritos so special is the combination of the tangy and spicy flavors of the chile verde sauce with the tender chicken, the soft rice, the creamy beans, and the melted cheese. It’s a burst of flavors in every bite!
I am always looking for more ways to change up dinners during the weeknights. My kids absolutely love burritos, and I love how fast they come together, so these chicken chile verde burritos are w win all the way around.
Chile Verde is a sauce cooks with green chili peppers, garlic, onion, and tomatillos. This sauce is traditionally used with pork in Mexican dishes but also goes well with chicken.
Because my specialty is quick and easy meals these days with four little kids running around, I took a few shortcuts for us, and the results were absolutely terrific! Anyone can make these delicious Burritos.
Making chicken chile verde burritos at home could not be easier. You can find the chile verde sauce in most grocery stores, or if you are feeling up for it, you can make your own sauce by blending the ingredients in a blender. You can also add some variations to the burritos using different shredded cheese types. My favorites for burritos are Monterey jack and pepper jack!
These burritos are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make, which makes them a favorite for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. They are perfect for lunch, dinner, or as a snack. You can also pack them for a picnic or a road trip.
Chicken chile verde burritos are a must-try for anyone who loves Mexican food. They are flavorful, easy to make, and versatile. You can customize them to your taste by adding or omitting ingredients. So next time you’re in the mood for some delicious burritos, try these, and you won’t be disappointed!
I hope these Chicken Chile Verde Burritos find their way into your kitchen!
Love Mexican foods, also try:
- Authentic Carne Asada ( Easy & Delicious)
- Queso Fundido Recipe
- Chicken Taquitos and Chipotle Crema
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Pico de Gallo
For The Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken
- 16 oz salsa verde
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
For The Rice
- 1 cup basamaiti, or short grain rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cilantro
For The Burritos
- 2 cans beans, pinto or black
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 cup pico de Gallo
- Combine the salsa verde, 1 tbsp oil, lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt in a large bowl. Add in chicken breast, toss, and coat. Let chicken marinate for 20 minutes or longer.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 5 minutes till golden. Flip the chicken and pour over the remaining marinade. Bring to a simmer and let cook till chicken is done, 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken, chop it into bite-size pieces, and place it back in the salsa verde.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the rice. Add 2 cups of water over the rice and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook covered until tender, about 20 minutes. Add in the butter, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Mix till combined.
- Add a large spoonful of rice, beans, guacamole, pico de gallo , chicken, and cheese. Roll up the burrito tightly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the burrito seam side down for about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot, enjoy!