These juicy Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders are cooked in a beautiful melody of apple slices, onions, garlic, spices, bbq sauce, and apple cider. The chicken is so juicy and tender, serve it in sliders or as a main dish with your favorite sides.
Nothing I love more than cooking with apples in savory dishes, especially with chicken. It does not make the dish super sweet but just a perfect touch of sweetness to a meal. I think chicken and apples are perfect for each other!
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken can be made in your slow cooker too! Set it in the morning and come home to the best smelling chicken and dinner practically done! I never understood the hype of the slow cooker or the instant pot till my kids got crazy busy schedules. I swear I can’t live without either machine, they make life so much easier!
How To Make Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders
Instant Pot: I love that this recipe is pretty much dump and go. Start by sauteing your onions next add in your apples and garlic. Stir in the apple cider and bbq sauce scraping any brown flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and arrange in the instant pot. Pressure cook then shred the chicken.
Slow Cooker: Layer in your apples, and onions slices to the bottom of your dish. Next layer the chicken breast and cover with garlic, salt, pepper, apple cider, and bbq sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken to shred then pace it back in the slow cooker and mix it with all the juices.
What’s a bbq chicken sandwich without some creamy delicious coleslaw! Yes, I will provide you with this delicious coleslaw to throw in your sliders. Some days I like to eat coleslaw and chicken without the bun.
the coleslaw is a mix of bagged coleslaw mixed with carrots, grated apple, and cilantro all tossed in a creamy mayo-based dressing.
How To Serve Apples Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders
To make these insanely delicious sliders you will want a quilty thick bun my favorites are brioche or pretzel buns. They both go very well with this chicken. Toast the buns, layer the juicy pulled chicken, top with coleslaw and the top bun, so easy and so good!
Looking for a low-carb option, serve in a bowl sans the bun! Many nights I make my family meals I like to eat a lower carb version myself! I just don’t have the metabolism I used to in my 20, haha! However, I never skip the fries, life is too short not to enjoy the best things in life!
Apple Cider Pulled Chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small gala apples sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp agave
- 1 apple grated, I used gala
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 12 - 16 buns, pretzel or brioche
- Turn the pressure cooker to the saute setting. Once hot add in avocado oil. Add in onion and saute for 5 minutes till the onion is soft and golden. Add in garlic and apple slices, saute for another minute.
- Stir in apple cider and bbq sauce scraping any brown bits from the bottom.
- Season chicken with salt and arrange in the instant pot.
- Lock lid in place and pressure cook for 15 minutes. Do a quick release and open the lid. Remove chicken and shred, place chicken back in the sauce, and stir to combine.
- Place apple slices and ions to the bottom of the slow cooker. LAyer the chicken breast on top followed by the garlic, salt, apple cider, and bbq sauce. Place the lid on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Toss the shredded chicken in the sauce to combine everything.
- In a small bowl combine coleslaw mix and cilantro. Add in mayo, apple cider vinegar, agave, grated apple and toss to combine.
- Toast the buns and serve them with shredded chicken and coleslaw. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 36g