This white chicken chili is an easy a delicious dinner everyone will love. This absolutely delicious bowl of soup is filled with tender chicken, white beans, green chilies, green enchilada sauce, white beans, spices, and a few more ingredients to make this excellent meal.
There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup on a cold night. This white chicken chili makes the house smell so good, I wish I could eat the air!
I love to load this soup with tons of cheese on top, crispy tortilla strips, and a fresh squeeze of lime, it’s just so good!
If you like a more spicy soup add some jalapeños. They give it a delicious spice. Spicy has always been my favorite however the heartburn I am getting this pregnancy does not agree with spicy! I can not wait to eat all my spicy favorites again!
The soup is truly so customizable, you can dress it up or down as you like. My favorite addition is the cream cheese stirred in at the end. It gives it the perfect light creamy feel. Additionally, you could substitute heavy cream or use a corn starch slurry to thicken it up.
Ingredients in White Chicken Chili
- avocado oil
- poblano pepper
- garlic cloves
- white beans
- corn kernels
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- canned mild green chilies
- green enchilada sauce, mild
- cream cheese
- cilantro leaves
- lime juice
- chicken breast
- chicken broth
I use chicken breast because it cooks quickly and it’s easy to shred. Using chicken thighs or frozen chicken would work great too. I would avoid using chicken with skin as it’s harder to shred for this recipe.
Love easy and delicious soup recipes, also try:
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Tortellini Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup
Lets Get Social!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Creamy White Chicken chili is an easy a delicious dinner everyone will love. This absolutely delicious bowl of soup is filled with tender chicken, white beans, green chilies, green enchilada sauce, white beans, spices, and a few more ingredients to make this excellent meal.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 8 oz canned mild green chilies
- 15 oz green enchilada sauce, mild
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- shredded Mexican cheese for serving
- tortilla chips for servings
- avocado for serving
- In a large pot heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat, Add in the onions and poblano pepper. Saute for 4- minutes till veggies are soft. Add garlic saute for 30 seconds longer.
- Add in the spices, chicken breast, corn kernels, diced green chilies, white beans, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Season with salt to taste. Stir to combine soup ingredients and bring soup to a boil. Then reduce the soup to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast from soup and shred with 2 forks.
- Add in cilantro, and cream cheese to the soup. Stir till cream cheese is melted. Add shredded chicken back into the soup and stir to combine. Lastly, squeeze in the juice of one lime.
- Serve soup with freshly grated Mexican cheese, tortilla strips, avocado slices, and cilantro. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 69g