Homemade Appe Pie Filling taste so much better then canned filling~ This recipie is refined sugar free and vegan friendly! This pie filling will hit the spot and its so easy to whip up!
This is one pie that will put a smile on everyones face! My hubs and kids both love it. We are all collectively chocolate ice cream lovers, so the combo between rocky road ice cream and apple pie is a match made in heaven for us!
I sweetened this pie with coconut sugar and agave, we are all hooked on this APPLE PIE! This easy recipe is cooked on the stove top and is perfect to eat immediately or save for later! It is made with wholesome ingredient that won’t make you feel icky about eating. You will never need to buy another can of pie filling again.
Apple Pie Filling
DELICOUS AND REFINED SUGAR FREE!! APPLES, COCONUT SUGAR, AND CINNAMON ARE A DREAM. THIS PIE IS REFINED SUAGR FREE ANS ALSO VEGAN FRIENDLY!
- 1 9" pie crust
- 6 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter, regular or vegan
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tbsp corn starch can sub arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine apple slices and lemon, mix well.
- Place butter, coconut cream, coconut suagr, vanilla, cinnamon, water agave and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Stir and combine over medium heat, stir frequently. Once mixture boils, cook for 2 more minutes stirring often. Add Apples and turn to a simmer and cover. Cook and stir often for the next 6-8 minutes.
- Pour into your pie crust and bake for 35 minutes. Let pie cool completly before serving, as it cools the mixture will thicken.
- You can also store filling in a sealed jar for 1 week, keep in the fridge.