This Easy Chicken Piccata is a classic. Made with a delicious lemon caper sauce and ready in 30 minutes. This recipe is a favorite!
You can never have enough easy chicken recipes. They just come in handy, ALL THE TIME! I love this easy chicken piccata for many reasons but mostly because all parties in my household will eat even my picky one!
Chicken Piccata is a simple dish, there is no need for extras in this dish unless that’s how you prefer it. This dish is bright and delicious as is!
Ingredients in Chicken Piccata
- Chicken tenders or breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- All-Purpose flour
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Dry White Wine
How to make Easy Chicken Piccata
Start with your chicken tenders or boneless chicken breasts. I like tenders for this recipe because they cook a little quicker.
Generously sprinkle both sides of your chicken with salt and pepper. Don’t be shy, the salt and pepper give this dish lots of flavors.
Next Dredge your chicken in all-purpose four. This gives the chicken a nice crust when chicken is cooked.
Using a cast-iron skillet or a stainless steel pan, pan-fry your chicken in your butter and olive oil mixture.
Tip: avoid using a Non-Stick pan for this recipe you want the flavor to build on the bottom of your pan for the sauce.
Now time to make this bright and delicious lemony caper sauce. To make the sauce you will combine in your skillet, fresh lemon juice, lemon wedges, white wine chicken broth, and capers. The liquid will deglaze the bottom of the pan getting all those delicious flavor bits. Let the sauce reduce for about a minute before you add the chicken back in. To give the sauce more body I like to add another tablespoon of butter to it.
Love easy chicken dinners, also try:
- Tequila Lime Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shredded BBQ Chicken & Coleslaw + Quick Pickles Cucumbers
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, or use thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon, sliced in thin wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Slice a small lemon, and juice half of a lemon, then set juice and lemon slices aside.
- Trim any excess fat from your chicken. Generously sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each breast in the flour, shake off any excess flour.
- Heat 3 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side. You may need to do this in batches. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate, cover with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the chicken broth, wine, lemons slices, lemon juice, capers, and 1 tbsp butter. Stir and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken, or you can put the chicken back in the pan. Serve with your mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice. Enjoy!