Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect recipe to warm the home and belly! Nothing says I love you quite like mom’s chicken noodle soup, it’s hearty, cozy, and delicious.
Growing up chicken noodle soup was my absolute favorite. I love the smell, taste, and just overall warming feeling it gives. My mom would always make it for us when we were not feeling well or on a cold day! We don’t get too many cold days in Southern California but when it was cold nothing warms our belly more than chicken noodle soup. I have taken a family recipe, tweaked it just a tad, and made it quicker in the instant pot.
I used frozen chicken for this recipe. I bought the Cosco pack at the beginning of the pandemic right before we were all on lockdown. I remember this pack of chicken breasts being the only meat they had in the store, I’ll never forget the markets during the 2020 cCovid-19 pandemic, pure chaos, and empty shelves! On top of that but was pregnant! Boy, we’ve been through a year!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
I’ve been meaning to get this recipe up now since last soup season, haha. However, having a baby put my soup season back a bit! What a better way to finish up this recipe than today it is cold and rainy out. There has been a demand for instant pot recipes, it is noted and on my to-do list. As a busy mama, I could not recommend an instant pot enough! So without too much chit chat here’s my delicious Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup In The Instant Pot
The tastiest broth is always homemade, but let be honest most of us do not have the time to start from scratch. That’s why I use roasted chicken bullion. It adds so much flavor to the soup. If your anything like me you love the noodles, this soup has plenty! Making the soup is a breeze it starts with a quick saute of the veggies and herbs then pressure cooking of the chicken, and lastly adding the noodle to get soft. Top the soup with fresh thyme, or substitute with parsley.
Do not pressure cook the noodles. We add them last on saute mode. Do this so we don’t end up with soggy noodles.
Love soup, also try:
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Tortellini Soup
- Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
- Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp chicken bullion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles
- fresh thyme or parsley for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute mode. Let it get hot.
- Add in your butter, onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for 3-4 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add in minced garlic, salt, oregano, and fresh thyme. Pour in the chicken broth and water, and chicken bullion then gently stir.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the needle is in the sealed position. Pressure cook for 12 minutes. Once complete let the soup natural release for 10 minutes and remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the chicken breast from the broth and shred with 2 forks. Place chicken back in the soup.
- Pour in noodles and turn the instant pot back to saute mode. Cook for another 8 minutes or until noodles is soft. Turn off instant pot by pressing cancel. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with fresh thyme or parsley, enjoy hot!
If using fresh chicken breast adjust pressure cooking time to 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 51g
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.