This is the very best one pan-roasted chicken and potatoes. The chicken is so juicy and flavorful and the potatoes have the best crispy edges. Make dinner a breeze with this recipe!
Tell me, who doesn’t love chicken and potatoes? This delicious dinner has juicy, flavorful chicken, potatoes, and the best seasonings. And it’s all made on one sheet pan, with a 10-minute prep time! Just toss everything together on your sheet pan, and let other ovens work their magic.
This has been one of my go-to dishes since the baby joined us 3 weeks ago. It’s so easy to make, and the leftovers are so delicious too. Serving it is so easy, it pairs wonderfully with a big green salad like Classic Cesar Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, or Beet and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing. It’s an easy dinner that tastes like you spent hours making it.
This dish is super easy to customize. You can easily add in your favorite spices and bake them with any veggies you like or have on hand. I sometimes will add Brussels sprouts, squash, or carrots.
TOP TIPS FOR ROASTING CHICKEN AND POTATOES
Season Generously – I like to add in a little extra seasoning once everything is arranged on the sheet pan. Ensure you season all sides of the chicken; salt enhances the juicy chicken flavors! You can always add more of the seasonings you like; you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Cooking time – Unfortunately, not all chickens are equal; the cooking time is always an estimate. When done, chicken juices should run clear; you can always use a meat thermometer to check. Do not overcook the chicken. It will be chewy and dry. If you like the chicken skin charged, broil it for a few minutes to get that crispy skin at the end of baking.
- Cut chicken (whole or use pieces you like, thighs, breasts, etc…)
- Potatoes (you can use any potatoes you like to cut into bite-size pieces)
- Brussel Sprouts/Carrots (optional)
- Avocado oil
- Seasonings (garlic powder, onion salt, oregano, salt, & pepper)
- Fresh Parsley
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS
- 4 pounds cut whole chicken; I use the Trader Joe's Organic Family pack
- 1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 3 large russet potatoes, cubed or can sub 2 lbs red potatoes cubed
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and move the rack to the center.
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet or line it with foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut up your potatoes, half your Brussels if you use them, and add them to the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper, and toss until veggies are coated.
- Combine the chicken spices in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to the baking sheet, and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle seasonings over chicken pieces and lightly rub them in using your hands. Do this to both sides of the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes and 400 F and an additional 15-20 minutes at 425, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven at let rest for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve; enjoy!