If you don’t love salad, your sure to love it after you try this one! It is bursting with flavor and an excellent dish to bring to a party or pot luck! It’s vegan and also refined sugar-free.
I brought this salad to a vegan pot luck, it was a huge hit! Salad doesn’t have to boring! It really is the perfect salad for any occasion. If you aren’t cutting out dairy from your diet add some FETA crumbles, live a little!
Harvest Salad with Apple's and Sweet Balsamic
Crowd Pleaser! SO good you're going to want seconds!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Toasted ‘candy’ pecans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 7-8 cups salad greens
- 1 large apple, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- hemp seeds, optional
Sweet herbed balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1. In a small pan heat coconut oil & add in pecans and coconut sugar. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring often until pecans are toasted and fragrant. Set aside.
- 2. Arrange all salad ingredients in a salad bowl & add in toasted pecans.
- 3. In a jar, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and pour in salad, toss and enjoy!!!!
Add hemp seeds for extra protein! Also if you are not vegan add in some feta cheese! Most of all be ready to get hooked!!! It is so tasty!!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g