Sheet Pan Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes are the best plant-based filling to any Mexican dish! Serve it over a salad, in tacos or a burrito bowl, this plant-based recipe is a filling and hearty addition to any meal!
Last week we had a vegan week, it was sporadic and random decision but a very fun challenge in the kitchen! We do eat a lot of plant-based meals as we used to be vegans and this girl loves her veggies. However if I can preach one thing to you its balance, it looks different for everyone and I truly believe it has changed my life for the better! Sheet Pan Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes is one of those easy dishes you just throw together and it pretty much goes with anything!
I think a lot of the times when trying to eat more plant-based there is a lot of imitation meat substitutes purchased. And I am just going to shoot straight … they can taste pretty dang bad. Not to mention all the chemicals, the bottom line is the majority of them are made with many other additives not including plants. I always prefer real food, like cauliflower and potatoes.
How to Make Sheet Pan Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes
This recipe requires very little prep and no actual active cooking time!
- Start by chopping your small cauliflower head into even size florets. Bite-size pieces are best, try to make the same size for even cooking.
- Wash, peel, and dice potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, potatoes, avocado oil, taco seasoning, and salt. Toss it all together and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through or until veggies are done. Cooking time can vary depending on the size of veggies.
For the Creamy Cashew Cilantro Sauce
I use this sauce on a lot of different foods, over my delicious burrito bowls or my morning eggs.
- In a blender add soaked cashews, jalapeño, cilantro leaves, cumin, chili, salt, lime juice, lemon, garlic, and water. Blend till smooth, store in the refrigerator.
Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes go great in tacos with your favorite toppings, burrito bowls, on top of a salad, or as a side dish. We love ours with Instant Pot Pinto Beans, Pico de Gallo, white rice, avocado, and a hearty drizzle of either creamy cashew cilantro sauce or Chipotle Cashew Cream, yum!! I’m hungry now, haha!
Looking for more plant-based meals also try:
- Creamy Cashew Dressing
- Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup
- The Best Vegan Dark Chocolate Tart
For the Sheet Pan Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces, 1 small head cauliflower
- 4 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Cashew Cilantro Cream
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 tsp jalapeño, a small thumb
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more is desired
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of water, or more as needed
Sheet Pan Taco Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by chopping your small cauliflower head into even size florets. Bite-size pieces are best, try to make them even sizes for even cooking.
- Wash peel and dice potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, potatoes, avocado oil, taco seasoning, and salt. Toss it all together and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through or until veggies are done. Cooking time can vary depending on the size of veggies. Enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to your blend and blend on high till smooth. Taste adjust salt if needed. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.