This Pregnancy Blueberry Smoothie is loaded with nutritious and filling ingredients for mama and baby!
If it wasn’t for smoothies, soups, and stews this baby would be living off bagels in the first trimester! Smoothies go down easy and are full of nutrition anyone can enjoy, but especially for all my pregnant mamas out there! It’s important to get baby off to a great healthy start from the get-go!
I think it’s important for me to note that pregnancy is a great time to enjoy and splurge on those pregnancy cravings. However, it is equally as important to ensure mama and baby get the right nutrients to help you and baby thrive!
I loaded this smoothie up with organic blueberries, banana, greek yogurt, almond butter, dates, chia seeds, and oat milk but any milk will work. This blend is full of protein and healthy fats to help your growing baby!
Ingredients in Pregnancy Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberries: they are especially rich in folate and vitamin c which help our bodies absorb iron. Blueberries are also rich in antioxidants, which is something we all need.
- Greek Yogurt: hello cell growth, greek yogurt is full of protein and calcium. The probiotics are greek yogurt also help promote and healthy and happy gut. If you’re not consuming enough calcium baby will take stores from your body, its so important for bone development so make sure you are consuming enough calcium to benefit both you and baby!
- Banana: they are full of water-soluble vitamin B6. B6 is necessary for the development of the central nervous system of the baby. I like to keep a banana in my purse whenever I need a quick snack.
- Chia Seeds: My favorite superfood, rich in omega-3, fiber, and protein. They keep you full longer and also aid in baby brain and eye development.
- Dates: they have been found to increase cervical ripening and decrease the length of labor! A must add to your pregnancy diet ladies!
- Almond Butter: rich in magnesium, which can help nix those AWFUL nighttime leg cramps and help aid in the prevention of preeclampsia.
- Oat Milk: High in fiber and will help with constipation.
Love easy and healthy recipes, also try
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (organic if possible)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt (can sub vanilla Greek Yogurt)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high till smooth! If you like a thicker smoothie use a frozen banana and blueberries.
- Top smoothie with your favorite nuts or seeds, greek yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy