Fresco Chicken Tacos are light, filling, and delicious! Chicken is marinated in a citrus blend, grilled, and served in a warm corn tortilla with a scoop of pico de gallo.
What’s my favorite food in the entire world… TACOS! I mean savory over sweet always for me. These Fresco Tacos are so easy to make, you could grill the chicken or cook it in a cast-iron skillet. If you haven’t yet I highly recommend you get a cast iron grill pan, pretty much gives the bbq taste from your stovetop! I use mine all the time!
So when it comes to tacos there is no wrong way to eat them. Fresco tacos are lighter than most tacos and topped with Pico de Gallo. If your looking to save time you can always purchase a premade pico de gallo, I’ve seen it in just about every grocery store. For the chicken I used thighs, however, the breast will work great too! You could always add more toppings like cheese, lettuce, and avocado if you fancy!
Love tacos, also try:
For the Chicken and Marinade
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste (I used about a 1/2 tsp)
For the Tacos
- 12 corn tortillas
- pico de gallo
- limes, for serving
- shredded cheese, for serving
- avocado, for serving
- In a large ziplock bag or glass bowl combine marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in the marinade, seal or cover and let marinate in the fridge for 2+ hours.
- Brush your grill with oil and preheat it to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill and let cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until done, discard the marinade.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Serve in warm corn tortillas with pico de gallo and desired toppings. Enjoy!