Garlic bread lovers, are you ready to sink your teeth into the most incredible Cheesy Garlic Bread? This is a delicious and indulgent dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether hosting a dinner party or looking for a savory snack, this bread satisfies your cravings.
This is my ultimate weakness, carby deliciousness, chesssyyy, and garlicky! Oh man, do I love this recipe, and I have a good feeling you will too!
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
Cheesy Garlic Bread is a total crowd-pleaser! My family goes crazy for it; it takes under 30 minutes to make! This garlic bread is truly irresistible. There is nothing quite like fresh garlic bread from the oven. All the elements of warm, soft bread, melted butter, garlic, and gooey cheese, are a match made in heaven.
It’s so versatile you could serve it with just about any dinner! Cheesy garlic bread goes great with soups, salads, or as your favorite dinner side!
At its most basic, garlic bread is made by spreading garlic butter on bread and then toasting it. The garlic butter is made by mixing garlic with butter, salt, and other seasonings to taste. Cheesy garlic bread is made by adding a layer of melted cheese on top of the garlic bread. Mozzarella and parmesan cheese are popular choices for cheesy garlic bread, but you can use any cheese you like.
Variations of garlic
Garlic bread adds herbs like parsley, rosemary, thyme, or even red pepper flakes to spice things up. You can also sprinkle some grated cheese on top for a richer taste. You can also make garlic bread with olive oil instead of butter for a healthier option. Mix olive oil with minced garlic, salt, and herbs, brush the bread with the mixture, and toast it in the oven. I don’t love this version, but if you don’t mind the olive oil taste, go for it.
serving garlic bread
When it comes to serving garlic bread, it’s a versatile dish that can be paired with various meals. It’s especially popular with Italian dishes like spaghetti and lasagna. You can also serve it as an appetizer or snack, either on its own or with a dipping sauce like marinara or ranch. Garlic bread is also a great addition to a cheese or charcuterie board.
My kids will eat this cheesy garlic bread on its own like a pizza. It’s very similar, minus the red sauce.
Cheesy garlic bread is a simple but delicious dish perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a garlic or cheese fan, this bread will hit the spot.
Love indulgent cheesy meals, also try:
- Easy Spinach Lasagna
- Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
- Burrata with Roasted Tomatoes & Spicy Pesto
- Steak and Burrata Crostini
- 1 large loaf of French bread, 12 oz
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 chili flakes, optional
- 1/8 dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Cut bread side up, and arrange it on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, garlic, 1 tbsp parsley, paprika, and salt till combined. Evenly spoon the mixture onto each side of the bread. Spread the butter from edge to edge. Top bread with cheese and sprinkle with dried basil and chili flakes.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbly. Slice and sprinkle with remaining fresh parsley. Enjoy immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g