Pasta made famous on Tik Tok, Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe is very similar to Pasta Alla Vodka with a spicy kick from the chili flakes. I made this delicious, creamy, and cheese pasta with some burrata on top and the whole family loved it!
Thanks to the internet I discovered this famous pasta while I was mindlessly scrolling before bed. I’ll be honest with you’ll I am not a big pasta eater, once in a blue moon but I do like it! I am not sure if it’s the pregnancy but when I saw a video of this pasta I went straight to the kitchen to see if I had the ingredients to make it!
It’s easy to make a few swaps for this recipe and it’s extremely similar to Penne Alla Vodka, but with a spicy kick from the chili flakes. It’s a perfect meatless Monday meal. I love a good homemade sauce, spice, and vodka, so here we go let’s make Gigi Hadid Viral Pasta!
What’s with all the hype over Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe?
When you are as famous as the supermodel Gigi Hadid anything you make will get millions of views and likes! Apparently, it turns out she is not only a beautiful supermodel but she is a girl who also loves to cook! And that’s about the only thing I have in common with her, haha!
She posted this rec
ipe on Instagram and instantly thousands were making it and raving how delicious it was. Just like that the Famous Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe was born.
If you have ever had vodka sauce you know its truly so delicious! Its rich, creamy, velvety, and with this recipe has some spice kick. If your feeding littles like me, you can go easy on the red chili pepper flakes or server them on top of the pasta for those who like the spicy kick.
Vodka or Not
Now I would say use the vodka, maybe make yourself a drink while cooking, haha! I mean that’s what I would do if I wasn’t 8 months pregnant! This recipe only uses a small about so if you don’t have it, no worries. Omitting it doesn’t make a huge difference the pasta will still be so delicious.
What pasta is best?
The original recipe calls for small shell pasta like orecchiette. Any short pasta that holds sauce well will work great in the dish. Personally I love rigatoni but macaroni, bow ties, penne or orecchiette are excellent too!
My honest review of the Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
This pasta is well beyond your average marinara. It only takes 30 minutes to make so that in itself is a huge win! It’s no different than Spicy Pasta alla Vodka but that’s the perks of being famous. I would rate this a honest 9/10 on its own but when you add my little twist of a more garlic and burrata on top… NOW you got the best damn pasta around! Burrata is like a food bandaid it just makes everything better.
Do you love easy and delicious pasta recipes, you must try these!
- One-Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Tomato Spinach & Sausage Pasta
- Lemon Sausage & Kale Pasta + Video
- Easy Chicken Scampi Pasta
- 16 oz rigatoni pasta, or sub any short pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes, adjust to liking of spice level
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 8 oz burrata
- fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add 1 tsp of salt to the pasta water and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water for your sauce.
- To a skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil. Once the oil starts to shimmer add shallots and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes till fragrant and soft.
- Add in the chili flakes and tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Next add in the heavy cream, vodka, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring liquid to a simmer stirring often for about 5 minutes.
- Add in butter and let it melt, add in pasta, pasta water, and parmesan. Stir till combined.
- Remove pasta from heat and top with torn pieces of burrata. Lastly, sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g