With a pint of blackberries ready to eat and a few sad bananas in the fruit basket, I went ahead and took matters into my own hands. Whipped up this unique ONE BOWL, refined sugar free, Vegan and gluten free banana bread with a blackberry twist. This is not your average banana bread its a light, healthy and utterly delicious take on it!
Using a minimal 8 ingredients and one bowl because lets be honest…dishes are the pits! These bars where a huge hit after school today with my kiddos! Kid and mama approved is always a bonus!! This berrylicious banana bread is my new favorite. It is extremely simple to make, slightly dense, packs a big flavor and perfectly moist! The kids enjoyed it with a ice cold glass of almond milk and I love mine with some tea or coffee. It can be made in a bread pan but I find it comes out best in a brownie pan.
To make start with a medium size bowl and combine your ripe bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Mash bananas while mixing all ingredients together.
Now that wet ingredients are mixed, add in your almond flour and baking soda. Mix in the dry ingredients.
Gently fold in your blackberries, and transfer to your prepared baking dish.
Place more halved blackberries on top and bake!
Blackberry Banana Bread Bars
The best Berrylicious snacking bread! Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, and Dang Delicious!
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blackberries halved
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, and greese a 9' x 13' cake pan, I use avocado oil spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Comnine till all ingredients are well incorperated.
- Add in the almond flour and baking powder, combine till all ingredients are mixed in.
- Gently fold in 3/4 cups of the blackberries, reserve the rest for topping.
- Pour batter into prapred cake pan. Using the back of a spoon even out the batter. Top with the rest of your blackberries.
- Bake for 1 hr and 5 mins. Let cool and enjoy!! Stores great in fridge!