This Easy Citrus Salad is the perfect light, fresh and healthy salad! Made with a delicious variety of oranges, arugula, herbed goat, pistachios, all tossed in a simple vinaigrette to make the most delicious impressive salad! This salad is so simple to make but looks and tastes so impressive, everyone will love it.
Nothing sweeter than the variety that citrus season offers us. Luckily in Orange County, we get citrus year-round however blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges are seasonal. They are worth the wait and the price because they are just so juicy and delicious!! Perfect for salads and sweets.
If you’ve been following around here a while you now know I am a savory kind of girl. The complements oranges give this salad are seriously so impressive to the taste buds! They offer so much flavor that all you need is a simple dressing in this delicious salad!
Not only is this salad so delicious but it’s also beautiful to the eye. Perfect for entertaining or just an easy lunch or weeknight dinner.
Ingredients in Easy Citrus Salad
- oranges: naval, blood, and cara-cara
- herbed goat cheese
- fresh basil
- avocado oil
- lemon juice
- apple cider vineager
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper
How To Prepare Citrus
The round thin slices are perfect for this salad. Start by cutting off the ends of your citrus fruit. Next, start the fruit and cut peels along with whites, following the natural curve of the fruit. Lastly cut the citrus crosswise into thin slices.
There is such a wide variety of citrus that feel free to mix and match all your favorites.
Assembling the Citrus Salad
First, make you a simple vinaigrette and set it aside. Grab a large salad plate or bowl and add in the arugula, next assemble your beautiful citrus on top of the arugula and then sprinkle with the herbed goat cheese. Lastly, drizzle over your simple vinaigrette and ENJOY!! If you’re serving just the salad top with your favorite protein for a complete meal.
Love easy and delicious salads, also try:
- Soba Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce
- Fresh Fig and Arugula Salad
- Fresh Tomato and Burrata Salad with Pesto
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Classic Cesar Salad
- Summer Grilled Peach & Herbed Goat Cheese Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 oranges ( 1 naval orange, 1 blood orange, 1 Cara Cara orange) peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup pistachios, crushed
- 3 oz herbed goat cheese
- 6-7 basil leaves sliced thin
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp agave ( can sub honey)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make dressing combining avocado, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, agave, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk together till combined and set aside.
- Assemble salad. Layer your arugula on the bottom of your dish then top with oranges, goat cheese, pistachios, and finish off with dressing. Serve immediately, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g