This veggie-packed Soba Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce is a bright and healthy dish. This salad stays good all week in the fridge and is fantastic for meal prep, and just SO SO SO GOOD!
Is this a salad… is this a pasta… I am leaning towards a salad that checks all the boxes when you just want a big ole plate of pasta! It’s the best of both worlds, and this recipe packs so many fresh and crunchy veggies. It is definitely a meal you can feel good about eating.
I try to eat one salad a day, and it can get boring, haha. But this Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce is something I truly look forward to eating. I think I could eat peanut sauce by the spoonful, it’s just so good! It makes a great lunch or light dinner.
I’ll be the first to tell you that I hate meal prepping. Yet I love having healthy salad options available without making a mess at lunchtime. A salad or lunches I can prep, but dinner I’m still 100% not on board with. I want freshly cooked food, haha, guess I am kinda a food snob in that sense.
Soba Noodle Salad Your Way
This recipe truly packs so many fresh and delicious veggies. However, it’s one of those recipes that you can customize to your liking and it will turn out fantastic! I love all the veggies, but leave out or add in ones you love!
For more of a pasta salad, you can cut the veggie servings in half and it will be mostly buckwheat noodles. I am telling you there is no wrong way to eat it!
Looking to make this extra add in some cooked shrimp or chicken, so good!
Ever wonder what soba noodles are? They are 100% buckwheat noodles. Buckwheat is a superstar, it’s naturally gluten-free and packed with tons more fiber than your regular noodle. The flavor is mild, and the texture is a bit firmer than a flour noodle. They are perfect for salads or a stirfry, and healthy!
Love easy and delicious salads like the soba noodle salad with peanut sauce, also try:
- Fresh Fig and Arugula Salad
- Peach, Corn & Burrata Salad
- Fresh Tomato and Burrata Salad with Pesto
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces Soba Noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 green onion sprigs, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced in thin strips
- 3 cups cabbage purple or green, sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce ( more if you like spicy)
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or sub tamari
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp agave
- 4-5 tbsp hot water
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles. In a large bowl assemble all soba noodle salad ingredients.
- For the dressing combine all ingredients, whisk till smooth.
- Pour peanut sauce over salad, toss till combined, you want the entire salad coated in peanut sauce.
- Garnish with toasted peanuts or almonds, fresh cilantro, and green onion. Serve chilled Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 834mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 17g