Are you looking for a quick and easy meal for dinner tonight? Then, look no further than Chicken Pesto Pasta. This delicious creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta dinner is a family favorite. It is so simple to make, and most of the ingredients you can find in your fridge or pantry!
Lately, we have been getting home so late from the kid’s swim practice. I have a 30-minute window to get dinner out before the kids start raiding the pantry. Chicken Pesto Pasta is a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal! It’s no fuss and the kids love it! We like to serve ours with a green salad and some bread.
This Chicken Pesto pasta recipe is not only a delight to cook up, but it contains some great nutritional benefits. I love feeding my family healthy dinners, don’t you?
First things first, boil some water and grab your pasta. Whole wheat pasta is a healthy alternative to flour-based pasta, or you can even try gluten-free rice or chickpea pasta.
Now, let’s sauté some chicken. In a skillet, ad cooking oil as the base. I prefer avocado oil, but you can use olive oil too. Then, chop up the chicken, and sprinkle it with some seasonings. I like to use salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic powder to add some flavoring. Then, wait until the chicken turns golden brown to take it off the heat.
Next, add the pasta to the chicken and pour in some cherry tomatoes or whatever vegetables you are in the mood to eat. Top with your favorite pesto sauce, and parmesan cheese! There you have it: Chicken Pesto Pasta. Told you it was easy!
Pesto is a simple recipe that includes basil and garlic. The basil contains essential oils like eugenol, linalool, and citronellol. These oils can help to fight inflammation in our body. Meanwhile, garlic is one of those ancient remedies for pretty much everything. From great skin to treating the common cold and building strong bones, garlic has some amazing properties.
The vegetables you decide to include in your pesto chicken dinner will really take this healthy dinner to the next level. I chose to use cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin A, C, E, and Potassium. Did you know they also contain lycopene, which is great at fighting free radicals. Lycopene also limits UV damage to your skin from sun exposure and promotes better heart health. Not to mention they taste amazing in this pasta!
There you have it! A tasty family dinner that is not only quick and easy to put together but has some amazing health benefits.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get to cookin’ this delicious Pesto Chicken Pasta Dinner.
Love easy and delicious meals, also try
- Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet
- Cilantro Chimichurri Chicken
- Restaurant Style Steak Fajitas
- Beef and Broccoli
LIKE, Comment, and Share about your experience making pesto dinner. I’d love to hear your feedback! #kayscleaneats
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 ounces short pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pesto, (I love Costco's )
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta noodles according to package directions.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and season it with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the chicken. Add the cherry tomatoes and pesto and toss and coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve warm, enjoy.