Skillet Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet is a one-and-done meal. This dish features Caprese salad flavors including, tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil. All served on a hearty bead of orzo and delicious chicken.
This dish is an easy weeknight dinner the whole family loves. Best of all it’s ready in under an hour. Our afternoons are always so busy bussing the kids around to their different sports. Weeknight dinners have become my specialty! Now there is nothing wrong with take-out, but it gets expensive and nothing tastes better than a homemade meal. I like to serve Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet with a side salad and some toasted french bread for the kids.
How to make Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet
- Rub chicken with salt pepper and oregano. In a 12 inch skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side, until browned. Remove from the skillet.
- Add butter, tomatoes, minced garlic, and asparagus. Sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add the broth, balsamic vinegar, and heavy cream, stir till combined. Stir in the orzo and return to boiling. Place chicken over orzo and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the orzo. You want the pasta to be tender and the chicken to be fully cooked (165 F).
- Top the skillet dish with fresh mozzarella pearls, cover, and continue to cook on medium-low for 5 more minutes, until mozzerla is slightly melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil and chili flakes if desired.
Love easy and delicious family meals, also try
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Tacos
- Authentic Carne Asada ( Easy & Delicious)
- Restaurant Style Steak Fajitas
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS