This Easy Chicken Scampi Pasta is made with golden tenderloins, peppers, and onions tossed in pasta with a white wine buttery sauce. This dish is packed with bright lemon flavor, and plenty of freshness from the garlic, it is such a satisfying dish!
Pasta is always a favorite in my house. Made with perfectly crisp chicken and tossed in a creamy sauce, it hits the spot. Serve it with a big green salad and some garlic bread.
I am a sucker for anything mixed with herbs, garlic, and butter, how can you go wrong with these flavors. This recipe is my twist on the dish.
This pasta is not saucy, however, it’s packed with flavor. If you like your pasta saucy I recommend you add a little more butter and half & half then adjust salt and pepper to taste.
HOW DO YOU MAKE EASY CHICKEN SCAMPI
Coat chicken tenderloins in flour and spices, and sear them till golden brown. Remove them from the pan and set them aside. In the same pan add butter and place assorted peppers and onion, cook, until tender, season with salt and pepper. Add in the minced garlic and statue 2-3 more minutes. Add in the wine, half and half, parmesan, pasta water, and lemon juice. Pour in the cooked angel hair pasta and toss everything together until well coated. Then arrange chicken on top and garnish with lemon zest, parmesan, and fresh parsley.
Tips For the Perfect Easy Chicken Scampi Pasta
- This dish will stay fresh for 3 days in the fridge, but eating it fresh will always taste best.
- The recipe calls for 3 colored peppers, you can use two. Yellow and red and sweeter than the green bell pepper.
- Some stores will label the chicken and tenderloins others and tenders, they are the same thing.
- To minimize your time, start cooking the chicken while the pasta is cooking.
Easy Chicken Scampi Pasta Ingredients and Substitutes
Chicken Tenders: You can use bite-size chicken breast or thighs.
All-Purpose Flour: Feel free to sub-gluten-free flour, or sprinkle 1 and ½ tbsp corn starch.
Seasonings: I like to mix it up, you can use your favorite Italian seasoning blend.
Avocado Oil: Use a neutral oil in this dish, olive oil is great too.
Angel hair pasta: Another great substitute would be thin spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccine.
Dry White Wine: If you don’t have white wine you can substitute it with chicken broth.
Garlic: Fresh garlic really kicks this dish with wonderful flavor, I don’t recommend substituting.
Half & Half: Heavy cream works excellent in this dish too.
Parmesan cheese: Romano cheese will work great too
More Great Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Cilantro Chimichurri Chicken
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 & ½ pounds chicken tenders
- 10 ounces dry angel hair pasta
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 small red onion sliced in half moons
- ½ red pepper sliced
- ½ yellow pepper sliced
- ½ green pepper sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- cup half & half (sub heavy cream)
- ½ cup parmesan
- ½ lemon zest
- Parsley for garnish
- Parmesan for serving
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add your flour to a plate and season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Coat both sides of the chicken tenders and shake off the excess.
- Place avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken tenders for about 4-5 minutes per side, till golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 tbsp butter and veggies. Saute for 2 minutes and add in garlic, saute till garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, heavy cream, lemon juice, 2 tbsp butter, and parmesan. Mix till everything is combined.
- Turn off heat and add cooked and drained pasta to the pepper and cause mixture, toss, and coat. Mix till combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chicken on top and top with lemon zest & parsley. Add parmesan and chili flakes if desired, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 947mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g