Easy no-fuss Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls that are perfect for meal prep, lunch and dinner. Prepare these bowls and have a healthy lunch or dinner for the week!
After a week of all-inclusive eating tacos and drinking margaritas in Mexico, its time to get my clean eating back on track. Craving all the hearty vegetables now!! Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls are my favorite to eat during the week. Once you make this bowl you will find yourself wanting more, healthy eating does not have to be gross or boring.
Before we jump into the recipe I don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” they are customizable and easy to make. You can put different veggies in your bowl every time or just stick to your favorites.
- 2 cups cabbage (purple or green) cut in thin strips
- 1 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 bell pepper sliced core and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread out and evenly place veggies on your baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss till veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until veggies is tender but crisp on edges.
- While veggies are roasting prepare your quinoa. In a small saucepan combine water, quinoa, and salt. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover. Cook for 15 mins then turn off the heat, keep covered for 7 minutes while heat is off. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa and an assortment of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts. Enjoy!
- Note- if you are meal prepping you can place everything in containers and microwave when you are ready to eat.
- Optional but totally recommended to add avocado chunks!