Chicken Fajita Casserole is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. Made in one dish this effortless meal comes together so quickly and packs tons of fiesta flavor. Eat it on its on our stuff it in tacos, burritos, or quesadillas.
Chicken fajita casserole is a dish the whole family can enjoy. I mean one dish is a busy mama’s dream, so delicious and easy cleanup. My kids arent crazy for large cut veggies so I will usually slice theirs up super fine before serving. However, hubby and I love this as is, we cleared out plates. Generally, I like to serve it with rice, or cauliflower rice for myself.
I love this chicken fajita casserole for leftovers too. It tastes so delicious in a tortilla!
How To Make Chicken Fajita Cassarole
You can take a short cut and buy thinly sliced chicken breasts, I like to save a few dollars and buy the whole breast and slice them in half at home.
Love easy chicken dinners, also try:
Chicken + rub
- 2 large chicken breast, split lengthwise ( or 4 small chicken breast)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 ounces mini sweet pepper sliced, or use 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, can sub pepper jack or favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine spices cumin, garlic, chili, and salt. Rub both sides of chicken with spices.
- In a medium bowl combine peppers and onions, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and lime juice. Pour fajita mixture over chicken breast.
- Finish the casserole with shredded cheese.
- Bake the chicken fajita casserole for 25-30 minutes, time may vary depending on the size of the chicken . Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Broil the top for 1-2 minutes to crisp the cheese. Serve with avocado, rice or cauliflower rice, enjoy!