This Chicken Fajita Casserole is the perfect easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor. This casserole is loaded with juicy chicken, fajitas, melted gooey cheese, and tons of spice!
This is such a quick and easy weeknight meal! The best part is this is a one-dish meal, easy and quite effortless for the flavor it packs! Chicken fajita bake is pretty much fajitas with half the work traditional fajitas take. This is a simple and delicious meal idea the whole family can enjoy.
Easy casseroles dinners are a busy mom’s dream. Not only are they delicious they are easy to clean up. My kids both loved the chicken and well ate some of the fajitas. But hubby and I cleared out plates! I served it with rice for the family, and for myself, I kept it low carb with cauliflower rice.
Love easy chicken dinners, also try:
Chicken + rub
- 2 large chicken breast, split lengthwise ( or 4 small chicken breast)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 ounces mini sweet pepper sliced, or use 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, can sub pepper jack or favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine spices cumin, garlic, chili, and salt. Rub both sides of chicken with spices.
- In a medium bowl combine peppers and onions, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and lime juice. Pour fajita mixture over chicken breast.
- Finish the casserole with shredded cheese.
- Bake the chicken fajita casserole for 25-30 minutes, time may vary depending on the size of the chicken . Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Broil the top for 1-2 minutes to crisp the cheese. Serve with avocado, rice or cauliflower rice, enjoy!