Mango Lime Chia Pudding is perfectly sweet and delicious! Eat it for breakfast or enjoy it as dessert! It is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
Alright, I a now 19 weeks pregnant and have my very first sweet craving! Hello Mango Lime Chia Pudding, you have been a lifesaver these days. My past 2 pregnancies and even when I am not pregnant I never turn down sweets, however, this time they just are not appealing to me what so ever!
So this delicious Mango Lime Chia Pudding can easily slide into the breakfast or dessert category. I topped mine with toasted coconut chips, it was like a tropical party in my mouth!
The chia pudding can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. The mango lime mixture should be made and eaten on the same day.
How to make Mango Lime Chia Pudding
This recipe is super easy! First, you will make your chia pudding. I like to do this in a jar with a lid, it is easier to shake the pudding then mix it with a spoon. Pour all your ingredients into a jar place the lid on and give it a shake to combine. If you don’t have a jar you can also mix it by hand. Chia seeds will fall to the bottom so it’s important to shake or stir every now and then so pudding sets correctly.
Once pudding has set make your mango mixture. The pudding will make 3 cups distribute as you like and top with mango mixture, serve with toasted coconut chips.
If you love this one also try
- The Best Vegan Dark Chocolate Tart
- Chia Pudding and Oats Breakfast Bowl
- Magic Cookie Bars with Condensed Coconut Milk
- Peach Blueberry Crisp
Mango Lime Topping
Creamy Cashew Dressing is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. This dressing brings the most simple dishes to life, it is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
I love sauce, dips, spreads I pretty much need it on everything I eat. Cashew based dressing is my favorite, I also love Chipotle Cashew Cream!! I love to put Creamy Cashew Dressing on my salads, buddha bowls, and roasted veggies. You can dump this dressing on just about any savory bowl and it will be delicious! I seriously love all sauces but this one I make the most.
So today was a clean out the fridge day and roast all the veggies about to wilt over and die. We are usually pretty good at eating our veggies especially me, but my first trimester and veggies were not blending well. I had to stick to soups and smoothies to eat my veggies, thankfully were out of the trimester! Now in the second, I want nothing more than buddha bowls and big fresh salads, but still loving my carbs too, ha!
How to make Creamy Cashew Dressing
This is a very easy recipe to make. Add all ingredients to your blender and blend till smooth and creamy! I use a Vitamix which also heats the dressing little so I chill mine in the fridge before eating. Keep the dressing stored in the fridge for up to 1 week in a sealed jar.
- 1 cup soaked cashews, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Salt to taste
- If you have not soaked cashews overnight, place cashews in boiling hot water and let soak for 15 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Place cashews, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt in a high-speed blender.
Blend on high, and slowly add in the water, scrape down sides as needed. Blend till smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Prep time does not include soaking the cashews, I recommend you do this the night before or flash soak them in hot water for 15 minutes.
This Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe is so delicious and easy to make. It is gluten-free and refined sugar-free however each bite is so moist and sweet the way cake should be.
Countdown till easter, since we are on a ‘shelter at home’ order this year we won’t be doing any gatherings. So sad about this, this will be the first year we don’t do Easter at my mother-in-law’s house. I always get asked to bring dessert and this year I would have brought my Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe for everyone to enjoy! On the bright side… more for me, ha!
Anyone else doing a lot more eating these days? Quarantine life!
I have always had great luck when it comes to baking cakes. For every birthday in my family, I always make the birthday cake! Now I do not consider myself a baker but never say never. I love a dessert that’s just better for you, something that doesn’t leave you with too much guilt! This Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe is sweet, moist, and topped with the most delicious cream cheese frosting!
For this cake, I used more ingredients than I usually do in my recipes, however each is important in creating this epic Healthy Carrot & Zucchini Cake Recipe!! The blend between almond flour and tapioca flour is a dream come true. When I first started working with almond flour I had a lot of difficulties with the texture in baked goods, but when it is blended with tapioca flour baked goods come out so perfect!
You can make this cake the day before, store it in the fridge so the frosting sets. So whose ready to bake a carrot cake?!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp agave
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8" round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine your dry ingredients, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on medium/low till batter forms.
- Wring out your zucchini shreds, make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid. You can do this with a dishtowel.
- Fold in your carrots, zucchini, and coconut into your cake batter.
- Divide your cake batter evenly into your prepped cake pans.
- Bake both layers for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cakes completely cool before removing from cake pan (about 30-40 minutes).
- In a medium bowl place all your fristing ingredients, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and agave. With your hand mixer beat on medium/high till frosting forms (about 3 minutes).
- Use a blunt knife to spatula to spread the frosting
- Garnish your cake with walnuts. Enjoy!!
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
This Easy Take-Out Style Chicken is a restaurant favorite and even better when you make it at home! Crispy slices of chicken breast stir-fried to perfection then tossed in a savory and slightly sweet and sticky sauce that is refined sugar-free.
Have you ever just been in the mood for some delicious Chinese take-out? I can’t really say I eat it often but when the craving hits it is always delicious splurge! Last night Kyson, my son was asking for Panda Express… if you are not familiar with it, its just fast food place for American-Chinese food. Heres the thing, it’s delicious but it makes me feel so gross afterward. I wasn’t in the mood to feel icky so I made my own style take-out for the fam!
After rummaging through the fridge I was able to pull out all the ingredients for this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken! The kids loved it, and so that’s a huge mom win!
How Do You Make Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
You will start this recipe by thinly slicing your chicken breast. The chicken slices will then be coated in corn starch. I recommend using non-GMO corn starch. The chicken is then stir-fried till golden and crispy.
What Is The Sauce Made Out Of?
The crispy chicken is then tossed in a savory and sweet Asian sauce. The sauce is made out of tamari, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Once the chicken is tossed in the sauce the fresh green onions are added and give this dish so much flavor.
Because I was low on groceries, I kept this dish super simple. You could add in any veggies you like to this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken. Some great additions are:
- bell pepper
I serve this dish over white rice for the family. For myself, I have a small amount of rice mixed with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
If your not a big fan of chicken breast you can use chicken thighs, shrimp, or beef. Regardless of what you use this recipe is delicious!
Love easy and healthy Asian inspired dishes, also try Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Bowls.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, boneless and skinless, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped, skin removed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onion sprigs, diced
- Place the thinly sliced chicken breast in a plastic bag with the corn starch. Seal the bag and give it a few shakes till chicken is coated.
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, till golden.
- Transfer chicken from the pan to a plate lined with a paper towel. It will absorb excess oil.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add in tamari, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and coconut sugar. Whisk together and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and green onions to the pan and toss till chicken is coated.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Simplify mornings with Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal. The most delicious, healthy, and quick breakfast! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and has no added sugars!
Growing up my absolute favorite breakfast was Trader Joe’s maple brown sugar instant oatmeal with a piece of butter toast! Oh My Gosh, I ate so much of it. Little did I know that oatmeal may be the easiest thing to whip up!
Made with 4 wholesome ingredients Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal is a quick and easy meal! There is no added sugar in the glorious bowl of oatmeal. Lately, this has been my breakfast and afternoon snack, I cant seem to get enough! I like to change the toppings, usually, I will use what I have but the combination always includes chia seeds berries and nut butter.
How To Make Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 ripe banana mashed, almond milk, oats, and cinnamon. Stir and combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes.
- Top with chia seeds, berries, and your favorite nut butter.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 ripe banana mashed, almond milk, oats, and cinnamon. Stir and combine all ingredients.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes.
Top with chia seeds, berries, and your favorite nut butter.
Berries, seeds, nuts, and nut butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 8gSugar: 22gProtein: 8g
Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup will be your new favorite weeknight recipe. Bursting with flavor in each bite and so filling!
Before I jump into this recipe I must share where my heart is at. With the passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter along with all the other passengers yesterday, I’d say it has been a very heavy, emotional past 24 hours. I’ve cried on and off and yesterday just felt dark. My heart goes out to his wife mourning the loss of her baby girl and her husband. No mother should ever feel the unfathomable pain she must be going through… I pray God wraps his arms around the families that have been broken. These situations really test our faith, I have so many questions. My heart goes out to each victim and the families affected.
Let this be a reminder to all of us to never take life for granted. Life is short, continue to cherish each moment and love with all your heart.
“The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
If I am being completely honest I have had this Jar of 10 bean mix in my pantry for MONTHS! I knew one day I would use it, I love beans. They are a wonderful source of protein and fiber and a great alternative to meat. Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup has a similar texture to chili but the taste was better in my opinion!
This week I am really focusing on lower our meat consumption by eating more vegan and vegetarian meals. I can not say I will ever be a vegan again but maybe more like a flex-A-tarian, kind of just made that up but I love the way it sounds!
This soup tastes amazing, my kids eat it with some crushed tortilla chips on top, and I like mine with some vegan sour cream, so yummy!!!
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
- Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
- Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
- Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
- Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
- Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 half cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz ) tomato sauce
- 2 cups 10 bean mix
- 2 quarts veggie broth ( can sub stalk)
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup orzo
- Salt & Peper to taste
Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
Garnish with your favorite toppings! We enjoy tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro!
Have a picky eater, serve it with a quesadilla for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 17gSugar: 9gProtein: 20g
Sweet Potato Pie Parfaits are naturally sweet and packed with essential vitamins and minerals to fuel your day! This healthy recipe is gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and refined sugar-free.
Happy New Year everyone!! There is so much newness in the air! I don’t know about you but after the holidays it just feels good to eat lighter! My goal is to eat a more balanced diet which will not be hard considering December felt like cookies and cocktails on repeat, ha! When I eat a lot of sugary foods I crave them, so I breaking that cycle this month.
I created this sweet potato parfait with the intention of it being an easy grab and go breakfast however it was sweet enough to be dessert and help curb my sweet tooth… damn those Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.. haha! So in order to not gravitate towards the junk, I decided to meal prep these Sweet Potato Parfaits and have when I am craving something sweet.
The best part about these Sweet Potato Parfaits is that it uses minimal ingredients. The sweet potato layers are like pudding. To top it off I used yogurt and a quick homemade topping for some extra crunch. This parfait is so filling, be sure to keep some extra topping close by!
Sweet Potato Benefits
After baking sweet potatoes I put them into the food processor, no peeling of the skin. The skins are full of vitamins and minerals including potassium, vitamin C, zinc and B vitamins. Eating sweet potatoes has many positive effects on your health including but not limited to gut health, healthy hair & skin and anti-inflammatory properties.
How do you make sweet potato parfaits
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all your topping ingredients till combined. Evenly spread out on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes turning once halfway. Let topping cool completely before transferring it to a container.
Sweet Potato Puree
- To a food processor add in your baked sweet potatoes including skins, 3 tbsp agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Puree until completely smooth.
- Remove half of the puree and set aside.
- To the food processor add coconut milk and 2 tbsp of agave, process till combined.
- In six small jars layer parfaits in the following order, approximately 1/4 cup of sweet potato puree, approx 1/2 cup coconut-sweet potato puree, and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve with the topping and fruit, enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats (can use Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I recommend using sprouted seeds)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
Sweet Potato Puree
- 5-6 small baked sweet potatoes
- 5 tbsp of agave, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl combine all your topping ingredients till combined. Evenly spread out on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes turning once halfway. Let topping cool completely before transferring it to a container.
Sweet Potato Puree:
To a food processor add in your baked sweet potatoes including skins, 3 tbsp agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Puree until completely smooth.
Remove half of the puree and set aside.
To the food processor add coconut milk and 2 tbsp of agave, process till combined.
In six small jars layer parfaits in the following order, approximately 1/4 cup of sweet potato puree, approx 1/2 cup coconut-sweet potato puree, and a dollop of yogurt.
Serve with the topping and fruit, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 6gSugar: 16gProtein: 10g
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is incredibly delicious and simple to make! Tossed in a golden balsamic dressing this is the perfect salad for every occasion.
No salad pleases my taste pallet more than beet and goat cheese salad. The combination mixed with my golden balsamic dressing makes for an irresistible salad! Do not worry if you don’t like goat cheese because feta is an excellent substitute or no cheese. I bought this salad to my in-laws on Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with all the amazing thanksgiving side dishes!
The very first time I had beet and goat cheese salad was 5 years ago at my brother-in-law’s wedding, this salad pretty much swept my pregnant self off my feet. Since then I have been putting this salad into our weeknight meal rotation. My kids and hubby both love it which is a big bonus and I will never complain when they are eating their greens.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is healthy and delicious! I use arugula however I have subbed it with baby spinach and it was equally delicious. This salad will taste great with any baby lettuce or spring mix. I bring this salad most places I am asked to bring a salad. This salad is dedicated to all my people who are always asked to bring a salad if you know you know! So if you are one of those you better make the most delicious and aesthetically pleasing salad around!
Why do I love this salad so much?
- Simple ingredients: arugula, beets, candy pecans, and a bosc pear. I purchased all my ingredients at Trader Joes.
- Flexibility: you can swap out arugula for baby spinach. Any nut will work however I highly recommend candy pecans or walnuts. I love goat cheese especially with this salad but feta is an easy swap.
Love great tasting salads, also try Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 oz arugula
- 1 Bosc pear cored and sliced
- 5 oz package or steamed and peeled beets
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 4 oz goat cheese
Golden Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar ( like a mason or wreck jar) place cap on and give it a few shakes. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dice beets into small pieces.
- Core and slice pear thinly.
- Add arugula to a salad bowl and top with beets, pear slices, and candy pecans.
- Crumble goat cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Add salad dressing, toss and combine.
Tuscan Kale Salad is the perfect Fall salad full of sweet, crisp, and savory flavor! A simple salad to make and healthy too!
Do you love Fall salads!? I sure do!! This big bowl of kale salad will make you a kale lover! This year and every other year I get asked to bring a salad to my in-law’s Thanksgiving lunch. Every year I make a different one and this year, in particular, I haven’t decided yet! I know it is in 2 days…ha! It’s a toss-up for me between kale salad or arugula beet and goat cheese! I really love salad and am terrible and making choices!
My husband and Kale salad have come along way! Their relationship started when we met, haha! We did have a good 3-year vegan run together in what feels like forever ago! Sometimes I feel like people have to acclimate to the taste of kale, I get it its not for everyone but I do believe it becomes an acquired taste! In fact, hubs actually ask me for kale salads! Especially this one it’s just so good!!
The flavor in this salad is amazing, you get a little bit of everything! I used a mix of granny smith apples and honey crisp. I kept this salad super-low maintenance👌 and used candy pecans from traders also snagged my dried cranberries there too!
The dressing I made was absolutely delicious and really brings all the flavors together. The blend lemon poppy seed is one of my favorites! This kale salad is easy to make and full of incredible flavor, I just love it so much!
How do you make Tuscan Kale Salad
- Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems. The Stems can be rather rough so do not skip this step
- Chop kale and place in your salad bowl
- Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
- Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
- In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
This is not like other salads that become a wilted mess overnight! Latticino Kale is a tougher leaf and will keep 1-day before it starts looking very sad. The longer you let the kale sit in the dressing the more flavorful your salad will be.
If you make this Tuscan Kale Salad, please leave this recipe a rating!! I absolutely love hearing and engaging with you!
- 2 heads kale, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz bag candied pecans, I used Trader Joes brand
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of unexpected cheddar Trader Joes brand, shredded (or sub parmesan)
- 1 cup croutons
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juiced ( 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp agave ( if you like a sweeter dressing you can always taste and adjust by adding more)
- salt & pepper to taste
Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems.
Chop kale and place in your salad bowl.
Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
If you prefer a sweeter salad dressing, add in a little more agave, taste and adjust to your desired level of sweetness.
Serving Size:1 | 8 freestyle points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
15- Minute Chickpea Curry and quinoa is vegan + gluten-free and full of rich flavor and filling. It’s the perfect quick and easy meal.
This curry came about when I had already decided there is nothing to eat, ha! I am usually a salad and protein kinda girl at lunchtime. However, this is going to be a weekly staple! Believe it or not, I never liked curry as a kid. What the heck was I thinking missing out on all the great depth of flavors curry has to offer.
This curry is rich and mildly spicey, it is not an overpowering flavor of curry as I like mine mild. It is a perfect meal prep or just a quick lunch as it will be ready in no time!
Tip: Cook quinoa while you’re prepping the curry it will be ready at the same time.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan cook quinoa according to package.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and add your olive oil.
- Add your shallot, minced garlic, bell pepper, and broccoli. Sauté them for a few minutes until softened.
- Next, add in chickpeas and cook for another minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, salt and pepper, and curry powder. Stir and bring to a quick boil then reduce heat.
- Add in the spinach and cilantro. Stir till spinach is wilted.
- Serve with quinoa or rice, fresh lime, and spicy chili flakes. Enjoy!