This Brie and Pear Puff Pastry Tart is truly one of the best tasting appetizers around! It’s slightly sweet and savory with a little bit of everything in each bite. Made with fresh sweet pears, Brie cheese, caramelized onion, candy pecans, honey, and fresh thyme layered on top of a bitter flakey puff party, absolute bliss in every bite!
There is nothing quite like biting into the puff pastry tart, it’s a mouth full of pure deliciousness. I made one, and it was devoured before I could even grab a second piece. needless to say, there is something magical about these brie and pear puff pastry tarts. They could be served as an appetizer or a light lunch with a Fresh Fig and Arugula Salad.
Puff Pastry is extremely easy to work with and so versatile it could be used in sweet or savory dishes. I am yet to meet someone who doesn’t like puff pastry. I love this vegetarian puff pastry tart and I know you will too!
Ingredients for Brie and Pear Puff Pastry
- Puff Pastry
- carmalized onion
- candy pecans
The most cooking you will do for this recipe is making the caramelized onions, but they are so worth it! Cooming down the onions takes about 10-15 minutes since we are only using 1 onion. Be careful not to burn the onions, I do this a lot cause I get sidetracked, haha. As long as they’re not black and crispy you are good.
This puff pastry tart is best served fresh, right t out of the oven when the brie is still melty and gooey. However, its best stored in the fridge in plastic or foil wrap. Reheat in the air fryer or oven for best results.
Love easy and delicious appetizers, also try:
- Ham Cheddar & Apple Puffs
- Blackberry Baked Brie
- Steak and Burrata Crostini
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata with Hot Honey
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 4-5 ounces brie, sliced
- 2 small pears, sliced thinly I used bartlett
- 1 egg beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp candy pecan pieces
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp honey
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add in onion slices. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook stirring occasionally. Reduce heat if onions start to burn. After 10 minutes add in butter and salt, keep stirring every minute for the next 5-7 minutes. you want them a warm brown in color, remove them from heat.
- Open thawed puff pastry and unfold 1 sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin gently roll out into a rectangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Leaving a 1/2 border around the sides layer brie evenly followed by pears then caramelized onions. Fold over sides and brush them with egg wash. Bake tart for 18 minutes or until puff pastry edges puff up and are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle over candy pecans and fresh thyme. Lastly drizzle over honey, slice, and serve, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g